Sign in to follow this  
juanatejeda

1927 Dodge Brothers

I have some misc parts for a 1927 Dodge Brothers truck. I was involved in the restoration of a 1927 Dodge four screen express. We turned it into a Paddy Wagon for the Sheriff's Department I work for. I ended up with the parts and my wife wants them gone. A engine block (purchased used and never used)we purchased it from Gil Belcher, just in case we would need it and didn't need it. Used pistons, head for the engine, points (new), a partially restored Running Board tool box, an interior "courtesy Light", along with other misc small parts. Available to anyone that can use them. You pick up, you can have! Digital pictures available. They are in Lompoc, CA.

All parts have been stored away and will be kept for future use with the Paddy Wagon.

Edited by juanatejeda
Parts have been spoken for... Not available any longer (see edit history)

I was wondering if you still have the parts that you had from the 1927 Dodge Brothers truck? I bought a 1925 Graham truck and from what I had found, they are basicly the same vehicle. If you don't have the parts, where can I find any parts or detailed drawings of these great trucks?

Thanks,

Brian

Doggin,

Was going over these old threads and found your question. I know it has been some time since yu asked, but I also know that these projects take a lot of time, so here is some info for you.

There is a guy in Ventura, California, his name is Lynn, owner of Lynn's Heavy Duty Towing. He has a 1927 Dodge Brothers truck, a flat bed. Looks pretty complete, short of some parts he has sold.

The truck is in dyer need of restoration! He wants to sell it all and I think he was asking $1,500 (but don't hold me to that). As I recall he also said he was willing to part it out. I just spoke to him, again this past week end. Give him a call. Office #805 525-8500, Cell# 805 797-0287 or email lynnstowing @hotmail.com. His towing yard is located at 850 Corporation Street, Santa Paula, CA 93060.

Good luck!

Juan

Wondering if you would mind talking to me about a 27 Dodge - A106449

Generator/starter motor in one. It has a magneto which I've just put in - but want to know about how to set the timing. Is there a top dead centre to go by?

Thanks for any help

Shayne,based upon the serial # you posted your DB is a '24 not a '27.Built in May 1924.

Hi there

Thanks for replying. You feel it is a 1924 with that number. Is there any more info you can give me. I've just put in a magneto but am not sure it is a magneto engine. All youtube stuff I've seen is with the single system gen/start has a distributor, not a magneto. Could I still use the magneto? is it the same firing order?

Appreciate any help.

The manual I have has many different engines and I can't be sure which it is.

Shayne,Your serial # indicates a 1924 build which would have a single unit starter/generator with a dist. not a mag. I am no expert on the magneto set up.I believe it was used much earlier ,teens? The question is...do you have the original engine (# should be 50k+ higher than your serial #).I would suggest you start a new post on the subject over on the DB forum as it may get more attention than here on DB trucks.The early cars and trucks(commercial cars )shared the same engines and frames etc.