Looking for a good Auto Transporter

pweston

Guest Teamsterdug

The hauler Bee-line has no enclosed equipment. I checked them out recently. They are a great company though. They hauled a car I sold to its new owner. Very professional driver with a 3 or 4 car trailer. Just this past Feb I had one shipped from Fresno to Chicago. I checked numerous carriers and got a myriad of quotes. I ended up going through Cal-Jag. The thing is I was told that it would be shipped on a 3 car carrier (I specified enclosed) but it was picked up by one 53' van and delivered by yet another 53' van. The truck that it was hauled by was from "Platinum" haulers. I could have saved myself about 50-100 bucks by just going through them in the first place. I had gotten a quote from Platinum but thought it would be picked up and delivered faster on a smaller trailer. Another learning experience. Turns out that Cal-Jag just acted as a broker and got a couple of hundred dollars out of the deal. By the way, once the car was picked up (about 10 days after I called Cal-Jag) it came out lightning fast! Platinum used team drivers so it came across country unbelievably quick!

DO NOT USE ABLE AUTO TRANSPORT. THEY COMPLETELY SUCK. I USED THEM FOR MY '53 BUICK. THEY KEPT CHANGING THE DATE THEY WERE GONNA HAVE IT PICKED UP. IT TOOK ABOUT 3 MONTHS FOR MY CAR IN ORLANDO, FL. TO FINALLY GET HERE (CHARLESTON, SC).<P>just my experience,<P>will e.<P>p.s. later i found they were a broker, so they i was going through like 2 different business - auto able and then the actual towing company in orlando. COMPLETE HASSLE!

As the thread goes so should you, check the company to see if it is a "broker" or the actual hauler. Transportation prices are normally all the same withing a few bucks as<BR>most charge by the mile. Get several quotes from different transporters, also try to get one close to where the car will be picked up. Sometimes the cost is more if you have to have a PA transporter pick up a car in<BR>OK. Best advice check references, price,<BR>when and where.