Fall Carlisle

Guest jmarsicano

Guest imported_jmarsicano

Did anyone go? Anybody pick up anything nice?

Found a nice air cleaner for the old Pontiac, bought an AM radio and found a nice set of Halibrand front wheels for $1000 bucks that I couldn't afford. They didn't make it into my truck.

Did the show seem a little light, lots of trinkets and t-shirts. Very light on the original sheet metal and light on parts in general. Lots of Hot Rod Stuff.

Joe

Walked in on Thursday. Within 30 minutes found a pair of NOS rear fenders for my '46 vintage pick-up. They were "hidden" on the vendor's trailer underneath some Oldsmobile hoods. Otherwise they would have been snapped up by a "picker" long before I arrived.(The picker would have handed them to a professional vendor who would have doubled the price-hoping to sell them by the end of Hershey week) The seller said he wasn't going to Hershey and he just wanted a "fair" price. I paid about 50% of the "typical" asking price. Yes, Carlisle has its share of trinkets and street rod fair-but it also has 7000 vendor spaces filled with the promise of a great find.

You never know what you will find. I was there Friday and in the late afternoon came across a box of clips for mounting stainless steel strips on a '37 Packard running board. Parked on the armory lot. Got there earlier than in previous years and parked much farther back. Must have been a good crowd.

jnp

Guest 35 buick

This was my first trip to carlisle but I found two of the three items I was looking for. One is an mint flying godess hodd ornament for my 35 buick the other was a pretty good set of running boards for the same car. Took 3 days of walking and alot of luck to find the items.