putting up tonneau cover

openskystudio

Can anyone tell me if its safe to put up my soft top since my right rear window won't go down? I've been successful in removing the hardtop and putting it back on, but I'm feeling cowardly about the tonneau. I really want to put it up just once before winter hits in Colorado, but I don't want to damage my TC beauty. Don't think the previous owner used the soft top much. Thanks for your responses.

It will work fine if you are carefull. When I got my TC the the same window didn't work and

I put the softtop up and down a few times like that. A second person would be helpful and

some sunshine to 'soften' the top before you fully latch it to the windshield frame. Just unfold

it 90% of the way and let the sun warm the material a bit before you fully lock it down. Make sure

that stuck window sits in the proper channel in the soft top, it can be pushed 'outside' of the proper

orientation if you are not careful.

Thanks. I'll give that a try with my fingers crossed. We have sunshine almost everyday in Southern Colorado despite the season, so I should be able to warm up the soft top nicely. I'll let you know how it works for me. And then, with a little help from my friends, I'll try your permanent fix for the window. Thanks for sharing your experience and know-how. Suzanne