"Woodlite" headlights what makes used to use them?

Mika Jaakkola

These were an aftermarket headlight that the owner could have put on anything. As far as I know, the Ruxton was the only car to have them on from the factory. While you do see some L 29 Cord's with them, L 29's originally came with "conventionally shaped headlights." I've also seen Woodlights on a Packard, Stutz, and Kissel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Woodlights were also original equipement on the 1930 Jordan Speedway series </div></div>

That is correct, but they only built about 10 of them, of which 1 exists. So one can't really call that a production car, but then again the Ruxton wasn't exactly mass produced either.

Don Sommer at American Arrow Corp. was reproducing them as well as the Woodlight parking lights. Don't know if he still is though. The existing Jordan Speedway is number 13, used in Dec 1929 advertising, so at least 13, and maybe a few more. No records exist, so hard to say just how many, and where they were sold at, were advertised in Europe and know Jordan was exporting to Australia during that time also.

Thanks a lot guys! I just have seen those on few cars (once about a tv program about jazz music from early 30's). I guess we don't have such headlights on any car in Finland.. I don't know about Jordans, but here is only 1 L-29(roadster,or should I say convertible coupe, with missing body) and I doubt that there's any Ruxtons in Finland frown.gif

I believe at least one duPont also used them. They claimed an illumination advantage due to the shape (which I believe is not borne out), but mostly they just look really cool.