Locking Torq 97 Lesabre

Still trying to figure out why my locking torq only locks sometimes. I know the know the brake light switch drops it out, but here's my question. Is there a relay that operates this locking torq converter? <P>ThanksEhammond16@knology.net

How's your engine temp? Sometimes the ECM is programmed to lock up only when engine reaches a specified operating temp. My GN is set to lock up at 180 degrees. With a 165 stat, it won't lock up with a stock chip in it.

The engine temp is running normal. I thought it was heating up slow so I put a new 195 degree thermostat in it. So hopefully I have eleminated that possibility.<P>Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

well I took it to the local Buick dealer for diognostic. After $150 worth of diognostics the told me that I had a bad intake manifold gasket letting coolant into #1 cylinder. The scanner showed that that cylinder had misfired over 56,000 times, and the computer was seeing the misfire and keeping the locking torque turned off. I brought it home and replaced manifold gasket and guess what NO CHANGE!!!! They tested all injectors and every thing else checks ok. I still have a misfire when under load. ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND!!!!!!