56 Century Side Window Run Channel Seal

56 Century 66R ? Does anybody know if there is a channel seal on the back runner (opposite of the wind-wing, the channel in the door). This vehicle is a non-post vehicle. I ordered a complete rubber door kit from Cars and I see no channel seal for the back guide. I looked in Steele?s catalog and I do not see the proper size listed. When I took the vehicle apart I noticed no evidence of a seal, however it does not make since the engineers would allow a metal on metal guide. Buick_Nailhead@hotmail.com

You mean the front of the side glass that runs in the channel on the back side of the vent window or the rear channel inside the door? Both should have a felt like insert I believe, I have the '56 parts book here,I can look it up, took apart a 66R a few years ago.

The rear channel inside the door. The front (by the windwing) I received a channel strip. But nothing for the rear. Thanks for the help.

I've had that problem on both my 1954 66-R and on my 1956 46-R. No one seems to make or stock the correct size of window run channel for the rear of the window down inside the door. I ended up taking apart a felt-covered aluminum channel that was "supposed" to be the correct one from a well-known supplier, and what I did was to glue the felt ONLY into the existing metal channel that bolts to the door, and threw away the aluminum backing. It works well, although is just slightly looser than I would like. Without taking it apart, the window was so tight that it would not even roll down, even with all of the other bolts and mechanisms adjusted for maximum clearance.<P>Pete Phillips, BCA #7338<BR>Ector, Texas<BR>1954 Century 66-R<BR>1956 Special 46-R<BR>1950 Special 46-S