the pimp-mobile

There has to be $50K worth of velour in that baby. I didn't catch whether the feathered hat, pimp coat and cane was included ?!? Anyone else miss that bit of information? It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer was taken for a pimp. This car's 'estimated' value must put each and every one of our cars well over the quarter million dollar mark; would you agree? And I thought 1973 Cadillacs with Buick Electra rims were insulting ... WOW!!!

That Buick Regal as shown is not in the style of a pimpmobile as I remember them on city streets-- the car is too small, and does not have donut whitewalls or a toilet seat. Superfly headlights were also very common on these cars.<BR>Most pimpmobiles that I recall are Eldorados, DeVilles, Electras, Lincolns, etc.<P>AK Buickman............

Ooh, yeah, baby! Don't see too many of those at the car shows around here. Thanks for refreshing my memories of the east. And Alaska Buick - how many pimpmobiles did you get running around the cities up there? Sorta like seeing one of our cowboy Cadillacs (F-250 crew cab with hay & empty Coors cans in the bed) jockeying for parking in DC.

Ranchero is correct- very few "real" pimpmobiles are up here in Alaska.<P>Years ago, I do remember a product called "Pimp Oil" being sold in certain auto parts stores in the Chicago area where I grew up. <BR>This stuff cost $1.00, and it made the perfume (?) fragrance inside your automobile match the looks of a fully dressed pimpmobile!! The instructions said to simply soak a rag with this stuff, and place the rag inside one of the heater ducts. As air flowed into the car, the scent of the Pimp Oil made your interior smell very pungent.<P>AK Buickman

Well, AK Buickman, pimps have changed with the times. Our memories of 70s style pimpadelic rides have been replaced with mid 80s GM G-bodies and Linken Town Cars, with hydraulic suspensions, 200 spoke gold-plated Dayton or Luxor wire wheels, low-profile Vogue whitewall tyres and 5000-watt stereo systems tucked into "coffin" silk and velour interiors. Loud paint jobs with murals (one holdover from 1978 tongue.gif" border="0 ) are also de rigeur for these cars. The louder and flashier the better.<P>My Grandma Buckner (a true Southern lady, God rest her soul) used to say money didn't always account for taste. She'd have looked at this car and said it twice.<P>Although I'm sure they'd put SuperFlys on if they could find them... Didn't Linken itself put them on the cars around turn of the 80s?<P>If you notice, a lot of the kids who are into this type thing have die-cut decals in Olde English or Germanic lettering proclaiming "PIMP" all over the glass. Cool to them, until they grow up...<p>[ 03-27-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]

a Regal ????? Hmmmmmmmmmm. I'll keep my money Green Packard and my women as my witness ... the pimp'in bussiness is very religous.

Did you notice the poor guy WON this thing !!!!!! shocked.gif" border="0 <BR>Who would enter a contest with this thing as first prize ?<BR>But then, if he manages to sell it for 1/10 of the asking price he is $5.000,- richer.<P> grin.gif" border="0 <P>Vegard<BR>Norwegian BCA member

I'm continiously taking ribing around here from the pick-up driving hillbillys about whether or not I got my 88 Royals "down on the hill". Thats OK I got as much room in my trunk as they have in their beds (especially with all the beer bottles, garbage and all tongue.gif" border="0 ) This is no pimp mobile, they are driving BMW's, Mercedes,and such. This is the product of a customizers hard earned work. I'm sure many of our parents thought all those "muscle cars" with jacked-up rear ends,wide ovaled & Cragers, with side pipes and hood scoops were hidious. But we loved them - they turned our heads. We were kids and lovin every minute of it. This paint job may be of the highest quality, and the interior is plush and shows some ambition. This car is not for me, but I'm glad some of these kids are showing interest and creativity in customizing their rides.I'm sure if my Grandfather were alive he would wonder why some of us would want one of those old cars from the 40s or 50's or 60's or 70's or 80's when the "new cars are so much improved". Wonder what he thought of the chopped topped flaming paint jobs in the 50-60's.<P>More power to this car builder, but good luck getting a bid! shocked.gif" border="0

'Hello police department, I would like to report a stolen car....you need a description...It's a 1982 Buick Regal, deep purple and hot pink with a fuzzy steering wheel with fuzzy dice to match. The license plate says, 'Sell-nIT'. My entire 8-track Disco collection was inside. Do you think you can find it?<P>Sorry, couldn't resist! rolleyes.gif" border="0

Who'dda thought I'd have a topic like this one be so popular.. lol...<P>I like the comments everyone has, and the funnies made about it tongue.gif" border="0<P>Old-Tank: <A HREF="http://www.towerrecords.com" TARGET=_blank>www.towerrecords.com</A> :-P<P>I would NOT buy this thing, Buick or not.. I wouldn't mind having the chopped top tho.. grin.gif" border="0 (have to see the video to get that one)<P>Anyhow, glad I was able to bring something to the table that everyone could enjoy!<P>Cheers! Pimps-n-Buick Buffs alike!<P>Scott

Guest Teamsterdug

I was just about to place my bid and win this "beautiful" machine just in time for Kokomo when one of my friends informed me that the painted on sweep-spear is not correct for this year. I guess it really would look better in authentic stainless instead of painted up immitation! Wonder if the judges would have caught it at the nationals. I almost made a huge mistake. frown.gif" border="0

And I'm sure they will both be remembered 20 years from now for the recorded work they made today! (My gawd, let's hope they get forgotten!) She was also 60s jazz guitarist and producer Tommy Mottola's trophy wife for a while, I think.<P>The girl has a set of pipes on her. Shame all that raw talent is wasted on the manufactured pop music she sings. But then some folks like it. I'd rather hear loud jangly garage rock meself, but I'm sure that gets on someone's nerves- it sure as hell got on my parents'! cool.gif" border="0

She 'was' married to Tommy Mottola for I believe 2 years. I have two classifications for Mariah, Pre Marriage, and Post Marriage. The Pre Marriage Carey was MUCH better. Nice face, hair, 'figure', and common sense. While married she went off on another path music wise, then when wayy out there when she got divorced. If I could, I'd bring back the original woman, but alas.... Anyhow, I think she'll be remembered in 20 years, but by a smaller group then one would think. Main reason IMHO, due to the way she's changed over the years.<P>Gimme Nirvana, or Aerosmith and I'm good.. ;-) But not to leave out the rest of ya, throw in some Chuck Berry and Fats Domino.. Ahh yeah....<P>Scott

Very pimpadelic,indeed!I haven't laughed like that in about two weeks. I was very relieved to see that the car was not a molested Grand National. I wonder how much it would cost to restore it back? They'll need to repaint the hood to remove the scratches from Mariah's buns, either way. I can't believe that guy was the Winner. The loser must have received a polished turd. And Alaska, too!!! I hope it has a good heater. 50K.....No thanks, but I'll give him 250 for the engine and tranny, and another 250 if it has posi.