Buick Motor Division Introduces the 2003 Park Avenue Ultra - a Modern Interpretation

BUICK RACER

FOR RELEASE: March 25, 2002 <P>CONTACT(S): <BR>Deborah Silverman, Buick Motor Division <BR>313 665-1483 <P>MEDIA ADVISORY: Buick Motor Division Introduces the 2003 Park Avenue Ultra - a Modern Interpretation Based on a Rich Design Heritage <P>WHERE AND WHEN: <BR>New York Auto Show, Javits Center, March 27-28 (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) <P>BACKGROUND: <BR>Heather Waszcenko, Park Avenue assistant brand manager is available for media interviews during press days at the New York Auto Show. Buick is introducing it's 2003 Park Avenue Ultra, which includes such classic Buick features as a prominent vertical-bar grille and front fender portholes.

Is there any place to see a picture of this car? After my current 2001 Park Avenue it would take a lot to keep me in a Buick, but after 43 of them, a few portholes and an airfoil fender or two and maybe a couple of turnsignal arrows and the Buick Shield could drag me back in for another one. smile.gif" border="0 And, oh yes, how about some fender lights ah-la 1939?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry--nothing new or exciting is coming out of Buick. Rest assured, the 2003 Ultra is more sizzle than substance. <P>The "new" 2003 Ultra is a 2002 Ultra with plastic "portholes" stuck on it. Go to <A HREF="http://www.buick.com" TARGET=_blank>www.buick.com</A> and you will see it. <P>If you want your 1997-2002 Ultra or Park Avenue to have 99% of the look of the 2003 Ultra, just buy a set of the Ventiports advertised in the Bugle, find a set of chrome wheels or have your existing wheels chrome-plated and save yourself several thousand dollars over the cost of a new one.<p>[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: Reatta Man ]

I own a 97 Park avenue and actually thought about the possibilty of adding the ventiports after seeing the new ultra. How would I find out more about the ventiports advertised in the Bugle? I am not a subscriber. I am interested in a picture and a price. Thank You