TC center console buttons

My new '89 TC has a little problem. The buttons in the center console that control the seat positions have detached whatever secured them inside the console. When I push on them, they slip back into the console. I can't seem to find the screws that will allow me to remove the console and reattach the buttons. Has anyone else had this problem? I'd really appreciate some expert help. Thanks. Open Sky Studio in Colorado openskystudio@hotmail.com

Thanks for the tips, Bill. Jeffrey seems quite an active member. I've seen his replies to lots of questions since I found the Forum a few weeks ago. What Yahoo site? How do I get there? Can you tell that I'm about as fluent on the internet as with fixing my TC? I'll go into Yahoo and see what I can find. And I will be patient and wait to see what happens on the Backes site. Thanks for being the one to let me know there's somebody out there.

Suzanne

Suzanne,

I think he's referring to the yahoo email group - accessed thru my website. There are descriptions for fixing those buttons on that site. Hopefully Jeff will be able to post the fix with pictures - much easier than trying to do a search on the yahoo group.

Meanwhile, if someone wants to do a search on the yahoo group and post the fix here, please do so. You've got my ok.

• 4 weeks later...

Dot,I'm a little late in thanking you for your reply about my TC's console buttons. I did try to find that Yahoo information through your website, but I ended up in another site call Allpar. Couldn't find anything that related to my question. And, so far, no one has posted that information for me. Don't know how Jeff Backes is doing with his surgery recovery. Haven't seen any posts from him for awhile. Hope he's OK.

• 1 month later...