1915 Dodge roadster

hof

Guest imported_RAH

Jolyon,

As I stated previously on this site, there were several different horns used in the first two years and will need your specific cars serial number in order to ascertain the correct horn. Further the amp gauge was NOT brass but rather had a nickle plated rim like the other gauges on the dash. For that matter the dash board configuration changed several times in the first year or so with different speedometers, air pressure gauges, lightswitches, etc. The ammeter will be a Roller Smith device with a vertical "charge - off - discharge" indication. The first ones were flange mounted with three screws through the flange. Later they had a smaller flange and were mounted with a wooden bracket straddling the terminal studs from behind. There were two similar but quite different designs of the later design ammeter. The earlier one (below S/N 90,000) had larger 3/16" studs as the starter current passed through it whereas the later one had appx. 1/8" studs and only measured charging current and equipment discharge like headlights, etc. The earlier one was used with the North East model "D" starter/generator while the later was used with the North East Model "G".

I suppose this was more information than you were looking for. You may leave me a 'personal post' with your serial number and other relevant informartion and I will respond. Good Luck.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley