NEED!! 1955 BUICK Double or a Triple Grooved Crankshaft Pulley

Guest herkamer

Guest herkamer

I am in need of a double or triple crankshaft pulley. I have a 1955 Buick, not sure if other years will fit?? Any leads will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Guest herkamer

Anyone have a lead for a double or triple--trying to install A/C. Please let me know if you have any ideas???

Thank You

You will need a harmonic balancer for your engine,then you can stack the correct pulleys on it. If your engine is 322,use a 322 balancer,if it is a 264,use a 264 balancer (54&55 0nly). If you are using an "off-brand" unit,you will need a wide pulley and I may have one. I may also hae a bracket for a 58 engine for mounting the compressor.

Guest herkamer

Mr Buick 714,

Thanks for the response--The balancer I have is off a 322, I do not have a balancer from a 264. Do you have the 264 balancer and a triple grooved pulley. I do have the bracket (from a 57 Buick) that I beleive will work. My number is 800-993-7840

Carl

I have just helped transfer a 57 A/C.and it was a real stinker.Parts are not available for the hot gas bypass,and we sent the compressor out to a place who does them,and it came back with a wobbly pulley Unless I were a rich person with a show car,I would go the aftermarket route. With luck you might find a 59 under-dash box with Buick label on it,then use a 2 cylinder compressor. They work real fine. I will look for the pulley,it has a wide groove,as do most 2 cylinder compressors. I have taught A'C since 1953.in fact I had the first 53 A/C

Buick in the ares and held schools all around the Kansas City area.You will need a balancer for your particular displacement engine. If you cant find a balancer, try "Wheatbelt"(ad in Bugle)