would you sell, part out or restore a 64 4 door wildcat.

Todd H

i just bought a 64 4 dr wildcat that i found, rotting in a field for the last 20 years. the car had not run for over 20 years, 3 flat tires, moss and grass growing on the paint. after several hours over a few days i was able to bring the car back to life and drive it home!!!!!!!!!!to my surprise it run perfect except it has some rust and paint is shot. would you guys/gals part it for spare parts (For my 64 convert..) sell it to some one that will restore or ??????????? I really need the parts but hate to see a 100% complete fixer upper turned into scrap metal.... thanks for the insight and thoughts Todd

If you were able to drive it home, then it is<BR>worth restoring and not used for parts. There<BR>are too many "junkers" out there for you to<BR>add another one. Look around you will find<BR>the parts you need. Loren 56 Buick Century

We never like to see good, restorable vehicles turned into scrap for any reason!<P>Maybe you can get the second Wildcat cleaned up and spiffed up enough take it out of the "parts car" category and then sell it to someone who will restore it as it deserves to be. That way, you could generate additional funds to finance your existing Wildcat project. Considering your initial outlay, there's plenty of room for you to spend money on the second car and that investment be cost effective. <P>Having a reasonably nice, original car could also add to your knowledge base of those cars. I'd recommend that you get it up and running reliably, cleaned up and more presentable, street legal, and then put some miles on it. You might discover that you can enjoy having more than one Wildcat.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Look the car over closely. If it is a reasonable restoration, then save it to be restored by you or someone else. The fact that you got it running and moving has increased it's value already and will make it a easy sell to someone for restoration.<P>However the fact that it is running does not by itself make the car restoreable. I bought a 1964 convetible in Iowa as a parts car and drove it back here to California. I bought mainly for the convertible frame parts. I thought about maybe restoring it after i finished the convertible I am working on. However once I looked it over well it was clear that it would take immense effort to restore. The floors and trunk were totally rotted as was the lower body. Worst was that the frame was totally shot from the center of the X back. If this were an extremely rare car it MIGHT have been worth the effort but not a relatively common car, even though it was a convertible. So it has been sacrificed for the better good. I did totally strip the car so I now have a whole lot of extra parts, particulalry drive line, that I will sell to others doing restorations once mine is complete.<P>Outside of the drive line there are not a whole lot of parts in common between the 4 Dr and the convertible. Some interior trim, bumpers, and wiring is about it. Maybe the hood and trunk.<P>Good luck with your restore project. I am doing a body off of my 1964 LeSabre convertible. Tear down is complete, some parts are restored, frame about done so I am just starting the long reassembly stage.

Keep it to restoer or sell to restore but RESTORE!!! There are not enough 4 drs out there. The 4 drs are disappearing rapidly. There seems to be a lack of interest in the 4 dr family. In the future there will be a real demand for them. (I hope) grin.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...