Sign in to follow this  
Jim Dix

Ok, I give up!

What are people using for carburators on AA's? The maxwell carb is going in a box for when somebody else wants to make it a show car. So far an NH is the choice.

My '11 AB came with a Zenith 1-bbl downdraft centered on a non-Maxwell manifold, fed by a 6v fuel pump. The intake air is heated by a non-original supply surrounding one of the exhaust manifold pipes. I'm no expert, but both cylinders seem to feed the same and the plugs both burn clean. Of course, there is nothing original in any way, shape or form about it. But there is hardly anything else original about my car, so what the heck. It runs.

The original carbs can be made to run well. Check with Vern Campbell. I have two that were mantel items that are now running cars.

Vern has rebuilt my carb and it looks wonderful! He certainly knows the peculiarities of the beast! The car can't be run at the moment but I'll give it a try when it can and let you know how it runs.

can someone tell me how to fix a leaky carb on a 1923 maxwell...i just purchased this car and thats all thats wrong with it....

thanks