What year?

Cory

The MG Midget didn't turn out to be the project car I needed/wanted so I'm going to sell it and get something that'll be a better project/fun/commuter car. I have narrowed my search down to the Reatta, Honda del Sol, and '88 Fiero GT and so far the Reatta fits my needs best. The search is on but as soon as the Midget is gone it'll get more serious. Until then, help me out w/ a little info; I've decided on trying to find either a '90 or '91 coupe, preferably w/ sun roof. I've read about the differences between the two years, but in reality and pratical use is there that much difference between the two? At least enough difference for me to look only for a '91 rather than for either year? As a former Fiero owner I know about the differenced between the '88s and all the others, i.e., 'GM finally got it right' and all that. Is that considered a true statement for the '91 Reatta, too? thanx in advance for any input....

Thank you. BTW I have this fiero ... (maybe, looks like the eye passed 11 miles from my house. At least we are on the west side where the speed is subtractive. Went just barely west of the airport so it saw the highest possible wind speed - reported as 105 mph - easy for a car, hard on a house).

Cory,

Would suggest that you consider a '91. The brakes were not the problem that you would have with earlier models. You give up the touch screen but you have a safer future with the '91. Good luck on finding the car that you want. Do keep in mind that you will defintely have to expect some challanges with a car that's the age of our Reattas. But what a great car it is.

Steve