Flordia folks....

Roadster90

Yes, am stuck inside the beltway. Delta moved my flight up to noon but was cancelled when I got to the airport. At least Charley is not supposed to come within 80 miles of us and all cars are in the garage.

-5:49 pm - famous last words...

re Nic's Wet, etc: my house is about 18 miles due west of the "MCO" legend.

yea, hurricanes suck i live just north of daytona, exactly under that damn flight path of the storn, the first parts passing now, no room for the poor reatta in the garage so the only thing i could do was swipe a bunch of cardboard boxes from work (winndixie) and i have 2 layers of cardboard covering as much oh my car as possible. i know it wont last the storm but as long as it stays on thru the first front of hail id be estatic. if you check that Wet wet wet" radar link above i live in the small county just above daytona (DAB) lettering. im maybe... one pixel in from the ocean. ill tell you guys about my adventure night tomarrow. i guess this is gonna have to postpone my CAI project another couple of days. anyway, any other brilliant ideas you all can think of that i can do for my car?

thanks in advance and good luck to any other poor reattas stuck in the storm.

heh, maybe if it gets totaled i could but a nice black fiero out in orlando

Hope our FL gang got thru Charley without too much damage. That was one heck of a storm on its impact. Right now it looks like we are next in line for the wet & wind. Charley is forcast to come inland and track up I-95 thru NC. I live about 2 miles east of I-95 so we expect to get really wet and have some wind but nothing like FL.

It would be good to hear from our FL group if they are able to report in to the web site. If there are any members that need assistance, maybe we could be of help. STAY SAFE out there.

Steve

Suspect that we may not know for some time if they are without power and phone. Hope you are all safe. My prayers are with you.

Near as I can tell we never lost power. Center passed about 11 miles from my house but was a very conpact storm - hurricane part was only about five miles across. Did not find any damage (cross fingers) even to the incomplete patio enclosure just lots of foliage and medium limbs strewn around.

Almost had to come into Daytona (back up plan) but connection from Atlanta finally left two hours late - Orlando Airport was closed until 4 pm but a massive cleanup and duct tape job got the airport functioning - reported gusts over 100 mph last night and a number of jetways were damaged. That is where the center of the storm went.

Wife was not so lucky - she wound up in Tampa and has rented a car to get back (one reason I fly Delta as much as posible, Orlando is something of a mini-hub).

Last time we had a himmicane close I lost two shingles (found them in the lawn and retacked the nexr day, this time the roof looks fine. Have been in the house for 20 years so two major storms (plus one bad hailstorm) seem reasonable.

So big state and compact storm but as usual the media hyped for all it was worth and just showed the interesting parts. Not saying it did not do a lot of damage - understand Sanibel Island pretty much is not there any more - just that part of the reason I picked Orlando is that it is about as far from a coast as you can get.

News footage is *supposed* to look bad. Not saying there wasn't a lot of damage particularly in the Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda, Sanibel Island area, there was, just if you think of the damage being about a 10 mile wide swath across a 400 mile long state you get the idea. If it had come ashore and walked the coastline as a cat 4 hurricane at Tampa- St. Pete as originally expected it would have been a lot worse

Guest imported_jim13a

I live in Naples and we got lucky! No real damage just a lot of broken trees.

I parked my Reatta along side the house expecting the worst. I don't think wind was much higher than 50 mph. And rain was little. Lets hope the next two hurricanes miss Florida.

Jim Tedesco

1989 Pearl White Reatta

Guest davidmullins

the media really works the people up,the news here in north carolina really hiped it up,then the storm went by,was a buitiful day,no rain and slitely breezy,hope the ones effected are ok..our thougts are with you all....davidmullins