1910-1920's Body Companies

poci1957

Hello all, does anyone know anything about the Wright Body Company of St Louis, the Racine (Body) Manufacturing Company of Racine, and the Ligonier Body Company (Ligonier IN? PA?) These were production body companies. Among others circa 1920 Wright supplied Pan American, R&V(Moline)-Knight, Velie, and Stearns-Knight. Racine supplied Stearns-Knight, Case, and Elgin. Ligonier supplied Comet, Winther, and ??????. Thanks, Todd C

Very curious. You mention the Moline and Velie. There was another body maker that made bodies for those companies - E.H. Wilson located in Moline. That company made some bodies for Marmon in late 1926 or early 1927. The company still exists as McLaughlin and make bodies for John Deere tractors and other tractor makes. Is there a relationship between these companies?

Interesting ronbarn, thanks for that note, I will keep that company in mind as I go along. As Wright was in St Louis I wonder if they were a logical supplier in that they could have shiped bodies up the Mississippi River to the Moline companies and saved time and money on railroad shipping. Just a thought, Todd C