afb carb woes

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me. I just rebuilt the carb out of my '65 cat. However, I'd never done it before. I'm fairly certain I did everything correctly, but the thing just ain't workin. I noticed there seems to be fuel leaking out of it in a few places. I'm guessing something is set wrong, such as the floats, but I can't be certain. The car also runs incredibly rough, and it looks and smells like it's burning ultra-rich. Hopefully someone can give me some knowledge as to what I did or am doing wrong. I'd really rather not tear it apart again. But, if I have to, there's no use in prolonging the inevitable. confused.gif" border="0<p>[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: chip4761 ]

Check the float pivot pin, if it is installed from the wrong end it will back out and you'll have a slobbering beast. Means you have to take the top off though, no need to remove it from the car.

Thanks for the info. I just got finished putting my carb back together. I blew out all the valves and passages and checked all the distance settings. It dawned on me that having the climate-o-matic set too tight would prevent any air from getting into the carb. I'm a real nincompoop. So, needless to say, I just loostened it up. Hopefully when I slap this thing back on my car it will run. THanks for your input!