heater under front bench seat?

WillBilly53

DYNAMITE! HAHAHAH SORRY WILL I JUST HAD<BR>TO SAY IT ONE TIME. AND NO I DON'T BUT THINK<BR>YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE SEAT, TAKE THE COVER OFF THE HEATER AND DISCONNECT THE WATER HOSES. I SAW MY DAD DO IT ONCE BUT I WAS ONLY 9 OR 10 AT THE TIME SO NOT SURE. LOREN 56 BUICK CENTURY

thanks radionut,<P>it didn't have a cover, but i removed a nut and it almost comes off except at this one point towards the drivers side. i don't see a screw or bolt or anything. and i looked underneath and there isn't any fastener there either. any other suggestions?<BR>also i guess it is fairly safe to have the heater right under a seat? i.e. fabric, cotten, etc is flammable? <P>thanks again in advance,<P>will

Will, If it is like my 1950 you will have to remove the hoses that attach to the water pump.<BR>Look under the car and you will see hoses going to it. Then there is an electrical connection for the motor.<BR>Its safe tto have it under there, it is heated by water.<BR>Have you gotten a shop manual yet ? They are a good investment.