Selling my "T" - is Ebay any good to sell a car on?

Haha, I'm a goof! I see the forum for buyers/sellers on here! I'll post a message about it there. But am still wondering about the whole Ebay thing...

Just ask a for a s@%#load of money and see if anyone will pay that much. You might be the next over-priced car discussion.

Your best bet it is advertise it on the BCA or AACA boards. E-Bay can be a great system, but it has drawbacks as well. With something like a car, you have to be sure that you really want to sell it, and you really want to pay E-Bay for the auction. You certainly would want to place a reserve on the car to protect yourself.<BR>E-Bay gives you a LOT of international exposure. The buyers can be quirky. Sometimes things FLY off the auction and sell well. Others just sit there and never make their reserve.<P>Unless you're positive that you want to auction it, try the boards or Hemmings first. Hemmings also places their ads online, although they are not often updated.<P>Good luck. cool.gif" border="0

Thanks! <BR>I knew that Ebay had fees and such but from the sound of it it must be a lot!! I'm still in the process of making a FOR SALE flyer to take to various auto stores around my house. I still have to take a couple of pictures of the car!!!! rolleyes.gif" border="0 <BR> grin.gif" border="0

I read something about ebay in the USA Today paper recently that is a little troubling. Soon they will be sharing any personal information of yours with virtually anyone who wants it. I dont like that idea at all. If I were selling something, I'd still go the old fashioned way and put an ad in the local newspaper. confused.gif" border="0