classic car dealer

Bob Stone

I agree. The pricing seems very reasonable. I really like that 64 pontiac convert. Where is Auburn CA? Curiously, at least three or four of these cars appear to have Washington State license plates.<p>[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: Greg H ]

Hey Bob, I particularly liked that green 54<BR>roadmaster for 1450.00 at classic cars in<BR>staunton, illinois. She's a beauty. Loren<BR>56 Buick Century

I used to 'live' there. Teresa and I puchased our first oldie from Russell Noel (the owner of the dealership) back when he ran the business out of a pole barn on his farm. In all honesty, those were the good 'ol days. He had good cars at great prices. For example, a running, driving 1957 Cadillac Coupe de Ville which needed some attention but was in good shape cost us $3500 back in 1997. We also bought a 1965 Seda deVille from him which was absolutely immaculate with something like 60K miles on it for $4500. There was a judge in the area that didn't like all the traffic Russell's business created so he 'forced' him to relocate his business. Since he moved he hired a few salesmen and his prices went sky-high and the quality of the cars dropped. Here's an example: he has a 1960 Coupe deVille that needs total restoration and he listed it at $9000 a few years ago and he still has it but I believe it's around $5800 now. The prices can vary from week to week by as much as $3000. They generally go up in the Summer and drop in the Winter. As you can tell, I don't like it that much anymore because of the 'changes', but I still have fond memories of when he ran it from his farm. He had about 20 to 30 cars that he would sell in a months time. Every month Teresa and I would go there and the entire stock would be new, and not one over $4500. And these were running, driving cars that needed little or no attention. I guess I can understand that the salemen have to earn a living too now and he certainly has other overhead to worry about but man, the deals that were to be had a few years back were fantastic. Please note also that some of the pictures have not been updated in a few years. There is one 1951 Buick Roadmaster that is red with a white top, I believe, that has been sitting outside for three years now and it looks much worse than the picture shows. I still go there, although not as often, and about once a year I find a car out of the 500 cars or so there that may be worth the money he's asking.<P>Here's a site that you may or may not know of that I feel has some good deals for how the cars look (I know that pictures can be deceiving): <A HREF="http://www.brockersbeautys.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.brockersbeautys.com/</A> <P>Cheers!