68 lark 350 to 400 what springs?

I still have the springs in the car from 350. On highways with dips I'm pancaking (bouncing up & down). Have to slow down or lose control. I changed the shocks,still having the problem. Could it be the springs? <BR>If so what springs should I put on?

Seeing as how your springs are older than I am (28), I would say yes. Since you are needing to replace them, you might as well go with the 400 springs. I asked a similar question for the 455. The more I think about it, the more I plan to get new springs for my 69. I may just go with the 400 springs myself as I'm betting the 400 is close to the same weight as the 455.

Here's a link to Detroit Eaton spring, only the largest manufacturer of springs in the U.S. They can do custom orders for any car or engine weight you can think of, they custom wound a set of progressive springs (cargo coils) for my Jetta for all four corners. <P>Results were perfect and the price was $180 CDN for all four, got them in 3 days too. Tell them what you want and you will receive, you want lower, they will engineer a set just for you.<P>Suppliers like this don't come around at this price very often, give them your business;<BR> <A HREF="http://www.eatonsprings.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.eatonsprings.com/</A> <P>Hope this helps.

Forgot to add that all their springs have a lifetime warranty. If you go stiffer don't forget the need for more dampening, factory style shocks won't cut it. <P>I found this out the hard way, I should have put the GTI (or aftermarket gas racing) shocks in when I did my swap on the Jetta. <P>It isn't intolerable but I can tell that when I get 10K on them it will be, but I'm pretty picky. Oh well, live and learn!

I was just looking at carparts website something told me to type in your 69 wagon and they have it for your car for $80.00 they also have them for the 68 wagon too! What the difference between 400 conv. ft. springs and the 400 wagon? I probably could have used these springs. Oh well it`s to late now. Hope this imformation is useful