Reatta Prototypes

DTakas

Geez.... can't understand why it is such a problem to at least look at a prototype and take pictures (or draw diagrams if the owners are afraid the flashbulb might fade any colors, lol).

I'm still interested in all this stuff, but concede that anything I would ever do would likely concern just keeping FWD and turbo/SC/tranny stuff...

Still, I wouldn't rule out anything if this conversion stuff gets off the ground....

K

Guest Greg Ross

Been long enough and the age is advanced such that I can't remember how it recorded before I did my conversion work. I'm thinking being within about 10% of calculated vs BCM displayed numbers was where I was at and that was on US Gallons.

Now with S/C the change in sensors to the Series I engine causes an error, I'm typically registering 31 mpg vs perhaps 25 calculated. Don't know where the on-board value is generated from, TPS and PW perhaps? Anybody know?

I guess what's most important is consistancy, in other words when the value deteriorates it's time to look for the root cause-plugs, IM, coil pack(s) etc.

On my recent 4000 mile trip home in my Reatta, I averaged right at 30 mpg on the interstate. I'm sure it could have been better if I had been driving slower. I was running about 80 most of the way. I have read lots of reviews that placed gas mileage in the Con column for the Reatta. I don't have that experience so far. Maybe it gets bad mileage around town. We haven't really driven it enough in town to find out yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this thread as it's been some time.

I got banned for being a "racist" despite being in an interracial marriage! D'uh! I'm sure my wife will be happy to know that I hate all non-White people after being together for 4 years now. And, my adopted half-Laotian niece and nephews will be so surprised at Christimetime when they find out that I'm a "bigot" against people of color.

Eh, some people find nothing more offensive than Truth. Misc has been abolished and so has my IP ban. Still interested in the Reatta and hope to see things happen.