need a windshield bad!!!!!!

I have a one piece windshield for my 51 Special. I bought it brand new from LIBBY OWENS FORD (LOF). you should be able to find them online or call information.<P>delivered, it was $500. blue tinted.<P>Hope this helps.

Guest James Conkwright

I agree with you 1950ohyeah. My 50 2-door Jetback has a two piece. I have never seen a special with a one-piece. Theres a LOF glass search in Hemmings. Its in the colored section. They have always been able to help me. By the way where are you from in Ky? I live in Philpot which is just east of Owensboro. <P>James Conkright<BR>1950 Buick 46-S

Guest Mr. Solutions

This may very well be the difference between a '50 & '51 Special (and I really know nothing about a '50), but my '51 special also has one piece (full) front glass..., same a Paul's.

Guest James Conkwright

1950OHYEAH, My 1950 Is going into the body shop this week. I hope to see it completed my the 1st of April in time for my Car Show we are having. How far away is the completion of your '50? I also have a 71 Monte Carlo and a 58 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible which is the biggest headturner in my small collection. Its black with a white top and two-tonw black and white leather. It also has the stock gold plated wheels and a stock gold plated grill. My Monte was my grandmothers car that we restored. Its Lime Green with a Drk. Green Vinyl Top and a Jade Green cloth interior. 350 4bbl. Maybe your Buick could be at our show in Philpot if its ready? <P>James<BR>50 Buick 46-S<BR>58 Cadillac 6267X<BR>71 Chevrolet 13857

Ok I already see a pattern. smile.gif" border="0 The 1950's I know and split windshields must only apply to this year for specials.( If your not making a custom then it really dosn't matter! )<BR>Anyone up to prove this wronge? Anyone up to agree? <BR>James will your 50' be in the show?<BR>Also about mine.....I just now started major work this year and at the stage of sandblasting. To add to my fun I am only 18 years old. So, in my point of view (still having to go to high school) cars is a way to get homework out of the way and preserve a piece of the past.<BR>Since you (James) have gaved so much interest into my 50'I have decided to add a new post within the next 24hrs from now that shows my car and its progress in the deconstruction of it. I hope to recieve many comments and ?'s about my 50' I am putting a bunch of work into it.<BR>Laterz.

Guest James Conkwright

Holy crap, this is unbelievable. Im only 16! There arent to many of us interested in antique cars. Are you customizing it? I prefer stock restorations but everyone is different.<P>James

Guest James Conkwright

Thats the way to do it! I can help you alot on finding parts. I have some really good sources who are pleasant to deal with. My Buick was a nice 38,000 mile original even down to the interior and spare tire. Everything is still perfect. Is about to be completed with about 5,500 tied up in the resto not including the cost. What stage of your restoration are you in? Do you have a Dynaflow or a Manual? Mine has the Dynaflow which is very nice except for trying to pull out in front of someone! I have some good sources in Owensboro for mechanic work etc. Let me know somthing I am sure I can find anything you need in less than a day!<P>James

I just reliezed something! I havn't told you my name yet. Well, My name is Chris. My sedan has 52,674 original miles. Not to far off. smile.gif" border="0 James R you painting the jetback the original color? The sedan of mine is originally cloudmist gray. Spare Tire!My oh MY! Only thing the sedan has is the interior that is not mint but not in need for restoring. Except for carpet. I have about 200 $ worth in it so far only because My dad gave me the car back-when but only thing my dad have done was rebuilt the motor which I am going to do again inorder to replace a cracked exhaust manifold and head gasket.<BR>Yes.....I have the good old Dynaslush. But I do not know how good it is because there is a leak in the break line and the first time I took it out the thing didn't want to stop smile.gif" border="0<BR>Does yours have a striaght eight? I am taking your offer for help but dunno when to go down to your place. Its always wet up here.

Chris,<BR>You may need to take the head off but you dont need to rebuild the engine to replace the head gasket or exaughst manifold.<BR>Rebuilding the engine would usually entail replacing rings, bearings, valveguides etc.<BR>Get stainless brake lines if you are replacing the hard lines. They will hold up forever.

Guest James Conkwright

Hey Chris, what do you need in parts? I'll help ya out as much as I can. Will your Buick be ready for the 2002 BCA Meet in Kokomo? Maybe we could go up together. I'll be pulling mine with my '02 Avalanche so if yours isnt ready maybe you could go. Its July 11-13 but Im going up the 12 and coming home Sat night. P.S. Whats your last name? <P>James

last name Hart. And probably not. I am going to try to detail this 50' as much as possible so guessing at it probably not. sorry, and thanks for the offer. <P>Bill, I am sorry. I was in a rush last night and kinda mistypes some info. <P>>but only thing my dad have done was rebuilt the motor which I am going to do again inorder to replace a cracked exhaust manifold and head gasket<<BR>what I actually meant was....but only thing my dad have done was rebuilt the motor which I am going to do again only part of the way inorder to replace the mishaps my dad did like a cracked exhaust manifold and head gasket that is leaking.<BR>Its All Gravey <BR>Keep On Truckin!<BR> smile.gif" border="0

Guest James Conkwright

Chris in response to the hubcaps, buy new. The wheels are one of the focle points of your automobile. I suggest purchasing them from Bobs Automobilia in CA. I paid 215.00 for a set of 4 and somthing like 110 for a set of trim rings. They look great! Bobs in my opinion is the best all around parts source for Buick Parts. They are wonderful people and are always asking about your project. The owner even likes to chat. And they also remember you when you call back; that means somthing to me. Great prices, low shipping cost, quick service and great parts! Bob's is where you want to be.