1955 Defroster Hose Routing Question

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

I disconnected the defroster a few years ago because it was leaking.<P>I have since had it re-cored and need to reconnect it.<P>I need to determine which hose goes to the top and which goes to the bottom.<P>From my old drawings, it looks like the hose from the bottom of the radiator goes to the BOTTOM of the defroster core? The bottom of the defroster core is marked "INLET" if that helps.<P>Thanks,<BR>Scott Mich <BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter<BR>1955 76C Roadmaster Conv.<BR>1959 Olds SS-88 Hoilday Sport Sedan<P>[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: scott mich bca # 6619 ]<p>[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: scott mich bca # 6619 ]

Hi Scott<P>You are correct. The hose from the bottom of the radiator goes to the bottom of the Defroster/Aux Heater core on the firewall. The hose at the top of the core jumps over to the top of the Heater Valve.<P>I have the heater hose routing schematic with hose lengths for the heaters and trans cooler if you are interested - I believe it is from an old Gates manual my uncle had.<P>Drop me an e-mail if interested in a copy.<P>Have fun!<p>[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: KAD36 ]

Thanks Ken,<P>I also have on of those schematics as well, with the hose dimensions.<P>Mine is from a 1958 Buick Wholesale Parts Guide.<P>The only problem is on the diagram you can't tell which is the top or bottom of the defroster, as they have it laying sideways.<P>Scott