68-70 Dealer A/C install?

In the somewhat short time I have been into Buicks, I have almost never seen a factory A/C delete/dealer installed A/C car. Today at the yard I saw two (I think). At first I thought it was an aftermarket kit or a home made set-up. When I found a second car with the identical install I figured it was done by the dealer.<P>What I saw consisted of a York A/C compressor-the type that Fords used- where the alternator would normally be. The alternator was mounted below and slightly to the left of the compressor. The crank pulley had a special pulley bolted to it just for the A/C compressor, if I remember right. Is this a dealer install or an aftermarket kit someone offered?

It looks like someone grabbed the kits for their Buicks then. One was a 68 or 69. The other was a 70. Thanks for the answers. Any idea how well the aftermarket kits worked?

Many GM dealers installed aftermarket A/C underdash units, and Sears and Penney's installed them by the thousands in those days before factory A/C was commonly ordered. Some of the better known ones were A-R-A and Mark IV. Best way to tell if you have a factory kit? Look for a GM or car division logo on it somewhere. I know Chevy offered their underdash unit at least thru 1969. But the York compressor tells me it's probably an aftermarket.<P>Experience? My folks had a 1965 Impala with a Sears A-R-A that would freeze you out of it on a 90 degree day. Their 1969 with factory in-dash Four Season unit couldn't touch it for cold.