AACA Webmasters - Important Notice

Webmasters,

By next week i'll be ready to switch from our existing server to a new server. Unfortunately in the process i'll have to re-establish your access to your site.

Please be warned.. until that is all addressed you WILL NOT be able to edit your site. Therefore if you have an important update to get up, do it now as your access will not be restored until the end of next week.

This is a great move for all of us, faster servers, faster bandwidth, and more storage.. but the migration will be a pain, at least for the short term.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter

Peter, My Region has finally received the "front page" program we need to set up our web site. My son, Mike, will be doing most of the work on this site after the school term is over. I'll wait until after your changeover to get our access information from you. Thanks for the headsup. Wayne and Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest boblove

Well, Peter, here it is almost the end of the month. Any word yet on when we may get back on to update our websites? Or did I miss something? I'm getting way behind as we had a very busy month!

Patiently waiting, but, just barely!

Bob Love

Tallahassee Region

Guest BruceW

Hi Peter.

Sorry about you getting bounced. Emailed you on my work account and forgot that the company implemented a whitelist to curb SPAM. Will add your email to the list today.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BruceW

Peter,

I have not had a chance to get Frontpage 2002 or 2003 yet. However, last week I found that I have Frontpage 2000 on my computer at work and have been making numerous updates since then with no problems.

Guest BruceW

I forgot to mention above that I have Frontpage 98 on my home system and this is what I built and previously updated the site with. With 98 I could not access the site to update it after the new server software was installed by Peter.

However, the 2000 version has worked fine so far.

Just wanted everyone know that the Internet Committee is sensitive to the difficulties that some have encountered in updating their sites. Im sure that everything will be ok soon, but meantime, we've got a committee of hard working AACA vols going through all of the websites that are linked to our AACA site and we are evaluating them to recognize the hard work you editors and web masters put into the task.

As you know, several significant awards are presented each year at the Philadelphia Annual Meeting. Those recognitions are the result of the Internet Committee having spent the majority of the year looking at websites - more than once! So-its really important that you take this opportunity to update your info. Having an up-to-date site is really important! Good luck!

Terry Bond

Chairman, Internet Committee

• 1 month later...