Paint mix codes

Does anyone have the paint mix formula for 1951 Glen Green ( light green )??? Changing the colors on "Bertha" & having a problem finding correct formula for this color. I don't have a paint chip chart with that color. Any help would be appreciated.<BR>Thanks!<P>Mike Book<BR>BCA # 09202<BR>Reatta # 407<BR>BDE # 109

Mike,<BR>Have you tried your local PPG dealer ?<BR>Mine has codes for paint all the way back to the early 40's.<BR>If they dont have it, PPG has a archive that they can call to get it. <BR>The only problem I have found with this method, is they dont always make the same bases and it turns out a little different. But they always tell you (like this is a little more yellow than the original).

If you don't know a PPG delaer near you, call this place, Den's Paint Center at 618-234-5871. I went to them with only the name of the paint on our '51 Super and they were able to match it perfectly. Talk to a guy named JJ (he was the one that was able to bring our color - firemist gray - up on their database). As far as the yellowing and all that, they offer it as OPTIONAL variations on the base color for matching purposes. In other words if the whole car isn't going to be refinished, they have variations of the original paint to match the wear on your vehicle but they can mix the original paint perfectly without variances. They can give you the code for a single-stage or for a base coat - clear coat (2 stage) paint. That's your call depending on the application. You don't have to buy from them, you can just ask for them to FAX you the mixing code(s) and that's that.<P>Hope this helps you out some.

Guest Ray Newport

On the same thread. I've a 49 Roadmaster that is dark green in color. Do anyone know if that is a original color that came from the factory? Thanks in advance. Ray Newport BCA#30054 49 Roadmaster 64 Riviera

Guest Ray Newport

Steve. My car is a 4dr 49 Roadmaster. I bought from a gentleman who lived in the Glendale-Pasadena area. It's a real dark green. Which paint code would it be, 49-10 Allendale green,49-11 Gala green or the 49-13 Cirrus Green. Thanks in advance.<BR> <P><BR>Ray Newport BCA#30054<BR>49 Roadmaster 4dr<BR>64 Riviera

Ray take a look at your Body Number Plate and you can see the original Comb.No,Tell me the number in this Forum,and I give you the answer what color it was when your car was new.

Guest Ray Newport

Leif. The paint code on my roady is 911. I think that is the gala green color. So i guess the 49-11 is dark green, 49-10 medium green,and the 49-13 is the light green? Thanks to all who responed.

Guest COMPACTBC

Hi Mike, the Buick paint code for Glenn Green is code # 5126 which is PPG code #40561. grin.gif" border="0<P>Justin, Buick code "R" is flame red and the PPG code is #71472 rolleyes.gif" border="0<BR> <BR>Ray Newport, Buick code #4911 is Gala Green and the PPG code is #40702 smile.gif" border="0

Guest COMPACTBC

A=Carlsbad Black = PPG code is #9200<BR>C=Dover White = PPG code is # 8030<P>I think the CAA, would mean the top is Black and the middle is white and bottom is Black.<P> rolleyes.gif" border="0

Thanks Leif & Bruce.<BR>Wouldn't the first letter designate the top color, 2nd letter middle and 3rd letter the bottom? So CAA would be white, black, black, right?

Guest COMPACTBC

I'm not so sure that the CAA order is what you think. My '62 Sklark Coupe is Red with a White top, and its data plate code says VC, so based on that the first letter is for the main part of the body and subsequent letters are for the top and bottom. Has your car been repainted? If so look behind the rubber door gaskets to see what the original color was. confused.gif" border="0

Bruce<BR>The car has white hardtop, black middle & bottom, that's why I am guessing at the order. The car has original paint, as far as I know, but I will check behind the rubber. Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to contact the local PPG paint store with the numbers you supplied and they were able to update the numbers to 9000 Raven Black & 8870 Aurora White. Thanks grin.gif" border="0

• 1 month later...