58 buick seat covers

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Just bought a set of custom seat covers on ebay for my 58. They are maroon (red) but look to be in very good shape. My front seat is good but starting to show some wear so I tought I may put these on to protect the original seats. Has anyone every dyed something like this My car is tan and the seats are tan and black and white. Figured if I can't dye them would still be better than letting the original seats get ruined as we drive the car quite a lot. Thanks

I purchased original material for my 1958 from Don Gust in Florida at buickdon@earthlink.net<BR>what interior trim code do you have?<BR>I purchased material from Don and had a friend recover the seats, look like just rolled out of showroom. So why cover when you can make look like new? Hope that helps<P>Bob Smukula<BR>BCA#14024

Bob do you have a reference for trim codes. I have a 56 series 41 and I will be needing seat covers, headliner. My trim code is 436. Can you decifer that?<BR>Thanks<BR>Tim<BR>BCA# 38101

Sintid, reds and maroons are compatible with tan and the combination often looks quite elegant. Aftermarket "seat toppers" were often a different color than the OEM trim, for either contrast or complement, so I wouldn't quibble too much about the difference. Think of it as "period accessory". Or are these an actual set of Buick yardage?<P>Especially if it means being able to keep good upholstery that is original to the car, a point I think has been missed here.