54-56 window &convertible top adjustment

Guest bjr

Guest imported_bjr

Does anyone have any info on how to correctly adjust the windows and convertible top on the 54-56 Special's and Century's. I am trying to do that to my 54 Special convertible and there is nothing in the shop manual and just a little on top adjustment in a service bulletin that I have. Is there any sites on the internet on this? Does onyone have any info they could email or fax me? Thanks Brian

Guest imported_bjr

Willie you can email the info to: brusnak@stcroixpress.com

The windows on my car have never fit correctly, and the top is 1/2 inch lower on the drivers side than the passenger side and does not fit the tops of the winows correctly. I am installing new window channeling now, and want to fix all the mis-alignments. Thanks Brian

Guest imported_bjr

Just wanted to publicly thank Willie for the info he sent me. This forum is just great, I have been looking for this info for a long time. I just post the question here and it's answered in less than 24 hours. Thanks Brian

Guest imported_56BuickSuper

If this would be the same for a 56 Super, I sure could use a copy. The fact that my windows do not close correctly bothers me to no end. They are close, but leak when it rains and make a lot of wind noise. They were fine before I removed them to replace a side glass on one then clean and lube the motors. I should of had the window frames chromed then, had I known, so I will have to do this again.

Dan dand@centurytel.net

Dan, I'll have the 1956 Buick Body Service Bulletin posted up on my website (as soon as I scan it!). Picked it up a few weeks ago from AutoLit on eBay. It has the complete door assembly/disassembly and window adjustment procedures for 1956 Buick Super and Roadmaster. Lot's of good pictures and detail within beyond that of the regular service manual.

Budd

The 50-70 series is the same mostly. If this does not look like yours I can scan the pages form the 50-70 book. Hope this helps. Thie scans are from a 68 page booklet "Body by Fisher, Service News.

fisher no. 10 vol 13

buick no. 4 1954

scan1 scan2 scan3 scan4 scan5 scan6

To print: copy to a file then open with a picture viewer or photo editing software and print from there.

Willie

Willie,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the scans. I printed them and they are a bit different from the Model 53 that I have. I am in no hurry at this point so I can wait to see what Robert is going to put on his site and go from there. I am also going to try to find a copy of that service manual for my self. Thanks again Willie!

Robert,

I visit your site almost daily and I will keep a lookout for the information. You have a lot of great information there and I have used it a number of times already. Thanks for providing the site specific to the 1956 year model. Can you provide me any more information on the service manual like volume #, Fisher # or anything to use to try to locate a copy for myself. I have a Buick maintenance manual printed and on CD, and a chassis and body parts book but I would like to have everything available.

Thanks to both you and Willie!

Dan

The one I have is titled:

Body By Fisher Service News

1956: Vol. 15-4 Buick No. 1

1956 Buick Body Information Foor Door Sedan Super and Roadmaster Riviera.

60 pages. I've only seen this one recently on eBay...no others.

Front page: http://www.gr8soft.com/1956_service.jpg

I should have it up sometime next week. Thanks for the compliment on the website, I'm glad you find it useful. I've been time-challenged lately as I have newborn twin girls at home, so my hobbies have been sidelined for a bit smile.gif

By the way, were'nt you looking for a right side center pillar moulding for your mod. 53? If so, Freman's Auto has one, and was charging $35 for the pair (left and right). http://www.fremansauto.com I need one too, but I'm not in a hurry at this point and can pick one up later (Buick Bonery is local to me).

Cheers,

Budd

• 8 years later...
Guest slammed54buick

I'm new on here and I realize this is a really old thread. But I really need some info on adjusting the front and rear windows in a 54 Buick super convertible. Anybody have any links that still work?

Thanks,

Doug

I'm new on here and I realize this is a really old thread. But I really need some info on adjusting the front and rear windows in a 54 Buick super convertible. Anybody have any links that still work?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug

I can help with that information. First tell us about yourself and car...BCA member? Pictures? Second send me a PM with your contact information.

Willie

• 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...
On 4/27/2014 at 9:17 AM, old-tank said:

Tim

You need the Fisher Body Manual for your car. I have 54-55 and even those are specific to the model of the car. If no one has one for your car, send me a PM and I will put one on my server and send you a link.

Willie

Would you be willing to email me the fisher body manual?  I just bought my 1955 Buick Century and would like to get the windows adjusted so I can wash the car lol.  I haven’t posted enough to be able to message you directly.