A question about a 66 Nailhead Qjet intake?

Hello eveyone!<BR>Its been a busy winter and I hope all are well. <P>My question: Can you use a Rochester 4-jet on the 66 Qjet intake for the Nailhead, or would it be better to use a different carburetor? If the latter is true what are the best preforming carburetors for this intake? <P>Thanks in advance smile.gif" border="0

I was a Service Rep back in 48,and called on "Red X Motors" in Cameron. In 66,I put a 66 Buick on the drag strip,and we bested a Mopar which had two fours on it.Were their faces red! Anyhow,the shape of the bottom of the carburetor and where it matches with the manifold about makes it mandatory to use the pair. You will like it and it will run REAL good !

I had no idea Red X Motors had been aroud that long wow! Thanks for the advise. Is there a special Qjet carburetor I should be looking for? I have a Rochester 4-jet but it has no ID tag on it to tell me what it is.<BR>I am pretty sure it is not a spread bore though!<BR>Does anyone make a carburetor new that will mate up?<P>Thank You,<BR>Duane

Guest oldtimer

the last 4 jet i looked at was on a '60 el camino (348). the 4 jet is kinda like 2 2bbls put together (2 floats, non spread bore), the quad is WAY better (spread bore, better flow). i seen a quad and manifold from a '66 on ebay awhile ago.