Truck with 4 wheel steering??

My Grandfather drove truck from 1911 until he retired in 1963. I have pictures and literature about all of the trucks he drove except one. He used to talk about a truck with 4 wheel steering and I cannot remember the make. This would have been around WWI or early 20's. Any ideas guys???

• 1 month later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Grandfather drove truck from 1911 until he retired in 1963. I have pictures and literature about all of the trucks he drove except one. He used to talk about a truck with 4 wheel steering and I cannot remember the make. This would have been around WWI or early 20's. Any ideas guys??? </div></div>

I want to think that Walther built 4-wheel steer trucks very early on, as they have in the years since. These would have been 4wd as well.

Art Anderson

• 1 year later...

Nash Quad was obtained with the buy-out of the popular Jeffery Quad. Neither were 4-wheel steering. Jeffery built only (3) dual control trucks (a seat & steering wheel at each end of the truck)- assumedly those 3 were also 4WS.

There were a handful of 4WD/4WS trucks circa WWI. Golden West was one ('13-22), and in fact he patented the 4WD/4WS design.

Another was American ('06-12): 4WD/4WS. There are a few more, I believe.