Lincoln Lebaron Coupe, 1938

has anybody heard of this car? I understand there are very few left existing.

I'm not very knowledgeable about old cars, but I have a strong interest in them. I'd appreciate any info on this particular model of car, including possible price range for one in good condition.

thanks

send info to my email. private message is fine.

Paul

I guess it's a pretty rare car. Do you have a photo you can post? I found a photo of a 1937 Lincoln LeBaron Convertible Roadster (attached). The 1938 model looked very similar since the "K" model Lincolns were dwindling in popularity at that time. Edsel Ford stated that "We didn't stop building the "K" Lincolns, people stopped buying them".

Here is my 1937 LeBaron coupe. No, it's not for sale. Period. 1937 - 1939 were basically all the same, with minor differences between the years. The most noticable being hood louvers, door handles, and bumper guards. They made 24 K coupes in 1937, 12 in 1938 & 4 in 1939 for a total production of 40. I would guess there are at least 15 in existence for the 3 years. About 1/2 are restored, and the other 1/2 look like mine (needing everything!) They don't come up for sale that often. I would guess a real nice restored one would bring 40K - 50K. That's a "realistic" price I'm quoting, not a crazy auction price.

Hey K8096 -

Wow, didn't know they had 3-window Ks. Given the price that correctly restored 1937-1939 Zephyr 3-windows are going for, I think restored your car would do much better than the price you stated. Good luck with it!

Oh, by the way -- is it for sale? If ya sell it to me, I'll lower it, drop a 350 in it, chop it down 3 inches, and paint it glow-in-the-dark orange! Ya know, "restore" it. Whaddya say? grin.gifwink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Oh, by the way -- is it for sale? If ya sell it to me, I'll lower it, drop a 350 in it, chop it down 3 inches, and paint it glow-in-the-dark orange! Ya know, "restore" it. Whaddya say?

</div></div>

Hey! that's my line!

• 1 month later...

thanks for your help. here's a link to this car page. www.livingpictures.org/lincoln.htm

It's for sale, museum quality, only one left in the world. Belongs to a foreign dignitary, for which I am an agent asked to help sell it.

Do any of you know someone who might be interested? It's not cheap, and PLEASE don't make it into a hot rod.

Paul Lincoln Lebaron Coupe, 1938

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Gentleman, to turn that car into a hotrod would be a crime against the history of the United States.

</div></div>

Although I totally agree, did you see the Barret Jackson auction in February? The highest selling car was a 1934 Lincoln Zephyr street rod that went for $400,000.

That's $400,000 <span style="font-weight: bold">plus</span> 8% buyer's premium.

Stu