Luxury Trivia

Of all the luxury coupes ever produced...<P>What luxury coupe had the largest engine?<P>What luxury coupe had the most horsepower?<P>Which luxury coupe is the fastest?

But GM put their high output engines in the Riviera, Toronado, and I assume Eldorado. Didnt Ford and Chrysler offer the same as at least an option? Or is GM the winner?<P>Anyone know top speed of these cars?<P>Im guessing the Riviera and Toronado were the most areo dynamic of the era.<P>I know they were the best lookin' grin.gif" border="0

Chrysler's were never offered with "six-pac" equipped 440's or Hemi's. But a 375hp 440 still has more advertised HP than most of the other manufactures luxury car offerings of the era. <P>I think in the modern era the BMW 850 and the Mercedes CL/SL 600 would take the cake as the fastest luxury/performance coupes. They come with V-12's and 160mph speedos.<BR>The Bentley seems to have the most horsepower with their turbocharged 412 V8.

at a mere 360,000 you can get a Bently convertible.Sweet ride but a little pricey.<BR>Took wife car browsing other day.She liked car but was shocked at price.She seemed more understanding to other cars after we went there. My favorite was the fully loaded 68 Toronado at 400hp.The front tires really had hard time gripping at full throttle dead launches. Too young to actually appreciate it at the time.Had a 71 Biscayne also with 454 that was a fun ride in itself.

at a mere 360,000 you can get a Bently convertible.Sweet ride but a little pricey.<BR>Took wife car browsing other day.She liked car but was shocked at price.She seemed more understanding to other cars after we went there. My favorite was the fully loaded 68 Toronado at 400hp.The front tires really had hard time gripping at full throttle dead launches. Too young to actually appreciate it at the time.Had a 71 Biscayne also with 454 that was a fun ride in itself.