1986 Century T-Type

Anyone own one besides me?? <BR>I love the car!! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for keeping it! It runs great. Pretty much the only probs are: the trans. needs to be re-done (the right way!), needs new fuel injectors (have two seals leaking), a new paint job and some minor body work!! Thermostat housing too, it's broken a bit on one side where it bolts on. Got a K&N air filter on it now too. <BR>I've seen some rebuild kits for the 3.8L, would that work on the engine in my car?? <BR>I'm going to restore the car as much as I can!!! 16 years old and it's still running strong!!!!!!!!!!<BR> grin.gif" border="0

The transimission will be expensive. The body work and paint wont be cheap either. The fuel injector seals can be changed without doing the injectors. I know little about the Centurys or the T-type package that was put on them, but we have a 86 LeSabre coupe and a 86 Riviera. Nice bubble free cars.<P>Good luck

Guest nailswede

Hi!<P>i have a 85 century T-Type shocked.gif" border="0 <BR>a previos owner has rebuilt the tranny on the car..i dont now if they are of low quality or what but it runs nice now anyway grin.gif" border="0 <BR>goes extremly well in snowy weather..and thats not a bad thing up here in the cold north wink.gif" border="0 <BR>T-Type has larger brakes firmer suspension and so on!<BR>i like it to..but still i'm ready to sell it

It has a couple of minor dents in the body, but the front bumper is pretty much the biggest part that needs to be fixed. Also the driver's side turn signal lens is broke. I've found a junkyard near me that has the turn signal lens but I haven't checked on the front bumper pieces. <BR>From what I've been told GM has had over 30 recalls on the transmission that is in the car. When we first got the car two summers ago we had a problem with the transmission not wanting to shift out of second gear. My boyfriend fiddled with the detent cable on it and it works fine, for now at least! We've been quoted about $600 to re-do the trans. with all the right updates. Sooner or later it will be done! We're trying to fix up a '72 Chevy pickup at the moment! I'll take some pictures of the "T" and perhaps post a link for them here!!! Anders, I haven't driven it in the snow yet! I may get to this year though!!! <BR>Take care!!! grin.gif" border="0