2 questions

Jay Wolf

Two Questions about judging.

I am a judge but have never heard these addressed .

Does the ?interior judge?, judge a vinyl top on the hardtop or does the ?exterior judge??

On 70?s Cadillac?s that do not have a soft boot for the convertible top, Some came only with a parade cover (hard fiberglass). How is it displayed?

Some shows it isn?t a problem to just set it behind the car and hope nobody steps on it, but at shows like Hershey what do you do with it?

Does it need to be available for judging?

confused.gif

On the Interior judging sheet there is a place to judge the boot.

if it is not there and it came with one, it is a 3 point deduction.

It is not for me, I judged interior at Metropolis and and these questions came up.

Jay, thats a really good question. I am glad it came up as I dont recall anyone on judging committee ever talking about it. My initial feeling is that the Exterior judge would be the one to judge the vinyl top. However that is simply my opinion as one judging committee member. It could be the other way but I doubt it. As for the Parade Boot, I have seen these displayed both on the ground as well as in the trunk. Personally I would have no problem with either version. You would only need diplay the Parade Boot if it were Standard Equipment for that vehicle. If it was an option then of course you would not have to display it unless you wanted to do that. Hope this is of some help to you. smirk.gif

I was judging interior when we ran in to the vinyl top question this weekend,

I just talk it over with the exterior judge and I judged it with the interior, simply because I have places on my form for top trim etc, he didn't. It really doesn't make any difference as long as you don't deduct twice. So I guess communication is the answer.

As far as the parade boot on the caddies, the ones with the parade boot didn't have snaps on the chrome trim; the ones with leather boots had snaps.

We have a member of our club with one and he has ask me because I am a judge.

From what he told me it is big and won't even fit in the trunk.

You are correct. The top does need to be in up position for judging. In this case though, the vinyl top, it is simply a hardtop with a covering. This is the part that raises the question. After some thought I still like my original feeling that the Exterior judge would have it. However, Jay hits on the most important part. that being that there be communication and that only one judge take the deductions, if any. Again an excellent question that I am glad showed up. smirk.gif

I know what you mean about the CJE's,

This weekend I wanted to take the one on Mopar Engines but I was judging 36C so I couldn't, maybe next time. I learned a lot from the cassis judging one I attended. But it sure left me no time to clean up the Bird after the rain stopped.