trans question

Hey,

So, I've had my '60 Sedan DeVille for 2 summers now...with Michigan weather, it's all about the summers with this car! The guy that had him before me was not, by any means or definition, a car guy. I had to tighten the trans-cooler connectors the day I bought him! I'm guessing he didn't do ANY maintenance to the trans whatsoever mad.gif! I'm having a little trouble with the trans shifting hard from 3 to 4. No other shifts are a problem, just 3 to 4.

I want to try to nurse the trans through one more summer-I don't drive him far, or hard, and the problem isn't horrible, just when the weather is good and hot and the engine is good and hot.

One suggestion from a co-worker was try flushing the trans and changing the trans filter. Made sense to me until I went searching for a trans filter blush.gif. Rare as hen's teeth it would seem. The only place I've found them is Caddy Daddy, for almost $90! Now for the $90 question, should I just cough the coin, or is there a way to clean Angelo's filter and maybe get one more summer of cheapness?

any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!