Faded Paint

65 Mustang perfect paint except it looks dull.cloudy under the clear coat..What can I do other than totally strip and repaint??

I have no idea, however, knowledgeable people will make comment soon.

Glad to see you know how to logue-on and post now. Let me know if you have any other questions concerning the forum.

By the way, your quite welcome.

Peter J.

It sounds like the clear coat was not applied correctly, or something happened to the paint prior to the clear coat application. In any case, there really is nothing to be done. A job worth doing, is worth doing well, as my Grandmother always said. I hope more of the more experienced people respond but that would be my considered opinion. I sorry.

Guest imported_oldmitchell

Sorry, I didn't see this post because it was in the judging section. If the paint is original, it is not clear coated; it can be buffed. This will restore the shine although it may not last long. If the car has been repainted with a base/clear system there is nothing you can do except repaint. From your description I believe you do not have clear over the paint. Try some light duty rubbing compound or a good cleaner wax.