1935 driveline vibration

Are there any known problems with the transmission input shaft bearings? I have a vibration on the clutch pedal when in neutral and the clutch engaged. Vibration and noise cease when the pedal is partially depressed. Have correct pedal play. Just wondering what to expect before dropping everything out.

Hi, There are no problems with that transmission. The only problem I have seen in them is water damage and pitting. They shift fast and easy with no noise or grinding. I have made parts and gears for Pierce transmissions in the past, and currently have a 33, 34, 35, 36, and w-1 overdrive apart and cleaned up on the shelf. They are quite simple to service and assemble. Bearings are available over the counter for the input and output shafts. The torrington roller bearings that are internal can be hard to find, but you can usually beat the bushes and find what you need. You probably have a throw out bearing/ yoke/ or alignment issue. It's not a big deal to pull the transmission out and strip it down. It's probably best to just go right through everything, including the disk, pressure plate, and regrind the flywheel. If you need bearing numbers or anything else just drop me a note. Hope to see your car at the Pierce National meet in Asheville N.C. in June. Good luck, Ed Minnie Edinmass@aol.com