72 Buick LeSabre Custom 4-door sedan

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

I may have posted about this car on another post. Anyway, last Thursday, I seen a dark green 1972 Buick LeSabre Custom 4-door sedan. It was setting at a local independent auto repair shop. The car was dark green, like a olive green and I think without a vinyl top. I am sure it was a Custom, as it had a small script emblem below the "LeSabre" emblem on the front fender. Car looked very solid and rust free and paint was a little dull, but looked original. Only seen the front, rear and driver side. Was missing a hubcap. The car was gone later that day. I would rather have it than my 72 Electra. I may try and locate one someday, but will want a high option car. I am not too familiar with the early 70s LeSabres, other than what my 71, 72 and 73 Buick sales brochures state. Does anyone know if the LeSabre was available with options such as the Electra had? Example: speed alert, heated rear glass, gear shift wiper control, light monitors, auto climate control (probably reserved for Electras) Not 100% sure, but was they available with cornering lights? Thanks.<p>[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

Guest Shaffer

Thanks for the reply. Oddly enough, there is currently a "1972 Buick facts book" on E-bay. Can see a page there that states that the light monitors, rear window defog are indeed available on the 72 LeSabres and Centurions. Also, I found out today on the Pontiac forums that ACC (automatic climate control) was also optional on the 71-newer Pontiac Grand Villes and even as far back as the 1965 Pontiac Bonnevilles. I also learned that the 71-72 Grand Villes had other rare options like: handling package, highway patrol car option, heated rear window, power trunk release, and one that I do not think is on the early 70s Electras- a monitor that lets you know how much washer fluid is in the tank. They also mentioned that even the convertibles had the optional window defrost. In regaurds to automatic climate control, my uncles old 1965 Cadillac Sedan Deville had the auto climate control. 1965 is the oldest year car I have ever seen ACC on. Does anyone know of any car older than 1965 that had automatic climate control?