1932 chevrolet sport coupe

Guest sonny h.

Guest sonny h.

Hi Folks; I really need help on this one.

Bought a real nice car from original owner 16 yrs ago,when i took the car home I had with me 2 boxes of old repair slips and or bills for EVERY oil change,grease job ect. also the original BILL of SALE and deposit slip for when the car was purchased new. Well to make a long story short house exploded and burnt down,(wife and I O.K.)now no more paper work for my coupe, Ins.Company wants to know value of paper work!!!!special paint and other accs. that were put on car as per invoice I no longer have. How do I determine a value? whats car worth with and whats car worth without said papers?

thanks all by the way car was not at my home when house burnt down.... laugh.gif

I would check with some antiques dealers. Documented history of something old generally adds to the value, sometimes doubles it. But the auto market doesn't quite work that way necessarily. An original bill of sale for the car, though - that is pretty unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if the paperwork is worth a couple grand by the time you figure out all the things affected by it's loss.