Who makes a good car cover?

robvac3

IMHO you can get a good cover or you can get a low price but not both.<BR> I purchased the Superweave Supreme California CC, $350+ for a 65 Skylark GranSport Convt. The only thing about the cover that is disappointing is you have to remove your antenna cause they don't have a pocket for it. But after yesterdays 45 mph winds and watching the cover get buffeted around I was glad it didn't have the antenna in there.<BR> This cover is very light and super easy to put on. I would also recommend getting the cable & lock, hey you gotta protect your investment. Doug

Go to Pep Boys - they sell a x-large cover that covers my 58 century well, probably would work for your cat too. ~$100, very nice, heavy "waterproof" (water tends to run off in beads, but will soak eventurally) material, about 1/8" thick - this cover has the appearance and function (as far as I know) of all the nice car covers I have seen for several hundred more. Definitely much nicer than the variety you may find at say Wal Mart. I've had mine for 5 years, used it indoor and out, and it's still very nice except for the areas that have been stressed from sitting sharp corners, etc. - these areas are still intact, but are no longer waterproof.<P>No zippers or pockets, but inexpensive...it does have eyelets for running a cable lock under the car.

for something different check out <A HREF="http://www.carcapsule.com" TARGET=_blank>the Car Capsule</A>. They work well and aren't much more than a regular cover.<BR>I first saw one in a body shop where the owner had a pristine 63 Vette covertable. He unzipped it and drove out without a spec of body shop dust on it.<BR>ZThat sold me.

I also got mine from California Car Covers. Good cover, and good service EXCEPT make sure to tell them if you have a roof rack on a station wagon, or if you have spoilers or lower body fascia's that would require extra material to cover (they're supposed to ask these questions per their pamphlet but they don't usually - consequently I have a short cover not covering the bottom of my wagon, and not enough either to cover the chin spoiler on my '88 car....). Additionally, request about 8-10 extra grommets (you install, but easy to do) as this will enable you to put some extra bungee cords around and underneath to help hold the cover on in very heavy winds. Suggest you use nylon rope to go from the extra grommet holes on each side, and the bungee cords between the nylon rope - keeps the cord ends from scratching the paint.

Guest my3buicks

I cast my vote for the California car covers. I have a Stormguard for my 67(wanted a garage away from home when I travel in the car) and I had the same cover for my 53 when I had it. A couple years ago when the storm blew through Friday night before the National Meet at Columbus I had my 53 spit shined for the show. In the morning we took the cover off the car was bone dry except for a little dew on the hood and roof and still spotless. I also like the stormguard for the extra thickness to prevent hail damage, parking lot damage, and yes, even the possibility of accidental damage in my garage caused by an out of control bike or skateboard.

Call me for a deal! I advertise in the back of the Bugle and have been a vendor at the last 5 Buick conventions. We have been a Covercraft distrubitor for 20 years. <P>The covers sold by California Car Cover are excellant..because they are made by Covercraft. I will beat their price by $20, 30,maybe more because I don't have the overhead. There are 8 different materials for every need, indoor/outdoor, dry/wet.<P>Get a price from another company and call me for a plesant supprise..... we can even make custom covers that will cover hood scoops, wings, or even odd-balls like a Buick hearse.<P>Finally...DugsSin, the cover you paid $350 for from CCC, we sell for $236.95 it should have pattern #C68 in the front.<P>Barney Eaton<BR>Barney@texas.net<BR>888-345-5114<p>[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Barney Eaton ]

• 4 weeks later...

My car is close to 20 feet long and the, so called, "extra large" car covers don't fit. If you're car is over 18 feet you should get one that's made for your model.<P>If you store your ragtop outside I suggest you buy a peice of rubberized carpeting (like a doormat, but it comes in long strips). Get a peice large enough to cover your roof from the header to trunk and put it on your roof under the cover.<P>I had a branch blow off a tree and planted itself in my roof like a javelin. mad.gif" border="0 Since then a couple of branches have poked holes in the cover, but not my roof.<P>Of course, you should never cover your car with one of those blue tarps. They trap moisture and will rot your car in not time.