Columbia Is Working!

AceCollins

My Columbia is in place. What once was in a 38 LZ is now in my 37. Incredible difference! When you hear that very light "clunk" and it kicks in, it is almost like the motor is not even turning. Have not checked to see if the speedometer is accurate now, really have not had up to a very high speed as I am still waiting on my front two shocks to come back from the rebuilder, but this jewel was worth every penny. Wow! By the way - because it come from a 38, had to pull the Columbia out of the 38 axle/rear end and transfer it over to the 37, then had to adapt the 38 clutch mechanism to fit the 37. Did not have a lever to run from the clutch to the mechanism, so the folks who rebuilt my engine machined one that works perfectly. Only real problem we had was minor. As the Columbia had been rebuilt fifteen years ago and then set up, had to get new gaskets and leather seals for the vacuum tube. I realize that the terms I am using for some of this stuff might be wrong, but it does work right. Real happy to have it.

Ace

Congratulations, Ace!

In my view, the Columbia overdrive is absolutely, hands down, the very BEST accesory that can be added to an early Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln Zephyr. I'm getting anxious to finish mine now! Dan Krehbiel tells me that when he checks out the speedometer gear compensator he uses an electric drill. In "underdrive" the drill turns the speedometer at 50 MPH. In overdrive, it reads 70! It's almost like turning the engine off (until you have to go up a hill). grin.gif