Buicks in Recent Movie

You gotta go see the movie, The Majestic. I thought I saw some Buicks in there too. Jim Carey drives a nice little 40s model Mercedes convertible.<BR><BR><P>Click <A HREF="http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/the_majestic.html " TARGET="trailer">here</A> if you want to see a trailer. But you'll need QuickTime to view it. Enjoy!<BR>

Hi Ken, the movie was filmed about 15 miles from my home in a little town named Ferndale in northern California. The film company asked for Buicks and I offered them my 53 Buick Special but they wanted Buicks prior to 52. Yes, I saw some of them when they made the movie and there are quite a few of them in the film. As a side item the movie is one of the few movies made today without vulgarity and it is a nice clean movie with a simple plot. Hank smile.gif" border="0

What about that pretty blue Skylark in "Vanilla Sky" that Cameron Diaz destroys by driving over the side of a bridge?<P>Shame to ruin, what looked to be, a beautiful car.

Hi Oldschoolin,<BR><BR><P>I haven't seen Vanilla Sky, but heard it was a stupid movie. I'll wait for it to come out on video...he he he.<BR><BR><P>Check out The Majestic, you'll like it.

I'd be inclined to let Cameron get away with 'bout anything... <P>But then, blondes have always been my weakness...<p>[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: John Chapman ]

For Buick spotters, check out "Riding in Cars with Boys"... there are a lot of Buicks in the background shots.<P>JMC

Have any of you seen "Crossing the Bridge"? The Minnesota Chapter BCA got in the credits for furnishing Buicks. The "War Wagon", a 65 Electra, was central to its plot.

It's not that recent, but the movie "Roadhouse" starring Patrick Swayzee (sp?), he starts out driving a 63or4 Riv, and later is driving a 65 Riviera.<P>In the movie "Gatica" I am pleased to see a boattail Riv (I would love to have one) and Studebaker Avantis (I have been restoring one since I was 15.....13 years ago)

And don't forget last year's acadamy award best picture, A Beautiful Mind. Lotsa Buicks in that one. It's been months since I have seen the flick, but it seems to me there were at least two '51 or '52 Buicks in it. Oh yeah, the movie is good, too.

Posted (edited)

I am watching a 1964 movie from India called 'SANGAM'. At 19:13 into the movie a silver or gray 1958 Roadmaster (?) convertible drives past the camera. I bet this was a rare car in India at that time! 

20200107_195912.thumb.jpg.d15cf32fd6dc0b98621dce3f0967589e.jpg

20200107_195923.thumb.jpg.c276290fed2e2c53e33d4c11f071eae8.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Mike,

You may have just established a new record for reviving the oldest thread. 2002 to 2020. 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

When i bought my 1948 Buick RoadMaster 70 it came with a certificate showing that it was used as a prop in the making of BLUE Skies with Tommy Lee Jones  & Jessica Lange , made here in Selma Ala. also where i bought the car and where i  live . It,s sad Tommy didn't choose to drive the Buick instead of the Chevy station wagon . But i guess it's ok to be a chevy man .

20170411_130903.jpg

• Like 1

Steve Rogers rides in a 1939 Buick Special on the way to being transformed into Captain America in the 2011 Marvel movie Captain America: The First Avenger.

• Like 1

Lots of Buick s in vintage movies a 49 Super convertible in Three Faces of Eve, and in Magnificent Obsession.and also check out pre war Warner Brothers gangster films ,Buick’s show up a lot .In High Sierra, cops are chasing Bogart in a 38 Plymouth Coupe with 39 Buicks also Maltese Falcon a 39 and 40 Buick are used by Bogey.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:29 PM, RivNut said:

You may have just established a new record for reviving the oldest thread. 2002 to 2020. 😁

It happens …

• Haha 1

We watched an episode of Amazon's original The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night and Midge and Suzy were dropped off at the hotel in Miami in a beautiful blue 1954 Roadmaster.

15280876-0-image-a-1_1561556873415.thumb.jpg.b11fb87714c6d9a814e10998ae7bed77.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RivNut said:

We watched an episode of Amazon's original The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night and Midge and Suzy were dropped off at the hotel in Miami in a beautiful blue 1954 Roadmaster.

15280876-0-image-a-1_1561556873415.thumb.jpg.b11fb87714c6d9a814e10998ae7bed77.jpg

Someone had previously posted pictures of this and some other cars from this scene location in the show right after filming. This show is full of beautiful old cars!

On 2/19/2020 at 7:10 AM, NC1968Riviera said:

Someone had previously posted pictures of this and some other cars from this scene location in the show right after filming. This show is full of beautiful old cars!

Must have been in a different thread.  I went back to 2002 and didn't see it.  Nothing was posted to this 2002 thread until you resurrected it in January of 2020 with your post about the cars in Sangman.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Must have been in a different thread.  I went back to 2002 and didn't see it.  Nothing was posted to this 2002 thread until you resurrected it in January of 2020 with your post about the cars in Sangman.