61'SPECIAL FRONT SUSPENSION UPGRADE

Guest COMPACTBC

Guest COMPACTBC

If you put that engine in that WEAK FRONT END ASSEMBLY YOU WILL SINK THE CAR and the first time you jump on the engine you will also TWEEK THE BODY. The brakes on the car are VERY marginal even with the stock light-weight engine. One of our club members here in California put a Chevy 350 in his Special but he used a Mustang or Camaro front end with disc brakes and also did A LOT OF EXTRA FRONT CHASSIS STRENGTHENING and changed out the rear end to a Ford or Camaro. IT COST HIM BIG $$$$. I would suggest that you talk to Bruce Steinhaus in Flint MI, he has done a LOT of this custom engine change work and his input would be of considerable value. (810)233-3961. rolleyes.gif" border="0

i helped a friend of mine put a 401 w/4spd in his 62 2dr.had narrowed 12 bolt, chopped top 4", 76 regal buckets and back seat fit perfect. this car FLEW. needed 3 hands to drive it, 1 on the shifter, 2 on the wheel. never did any front suspension work on it. put a nailhead in it. grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

I HAVE A 61'SPECIAL AND A 455 THAT ARE ABOUT TO MARRY. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO UPGRADE THE FRONT SUSPENSION. DISC BRAKES? 5 LUG BOLT PATTERN? HAS ANYONE EVER PUT A MUSTANG II UNDER ONE OF THESE CARS? IS THERE ANY LATER MODEL COMPONENTS THAT WOULD WORK? ALSO ANY INFO ON SUBFRAME CONNECTORS. I KNOW ALL OF THIS CAN BE FABRICATED, BUT MY BUDGET IS OF THE SALVAGE YARD SCAVAGING TYPE. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.