World War II Weekend == Reading Pa.

1937hd45

The World War II Weekend at the Reading Pa.Airport will be held on June 4-6, 2004.The website address is www.maam.org/maamwwii.html this is the largest WWII Commemoration in the county. There are 70 aircraft, over 200 cars,trucks, & motorcycles and 1100 living history interpretes and entertainers that allow you to step back in time and see what life was like both at home and on the front lines.

Bob...thanks for starting the thread.

As Bob mentioned, this is a great venue, especially, for Military Vehicle interests. The variety present every year is incredible.

A good friend, Ron Flory, had his '60 Impala at the Car Show segment last year. The Chevy and other cars, as well, are placed around the Aircraft for great photo opportunities. Ron and Judy Flory gave the show segment high marks for a good time, not to mention, so many interesting Aircraft, Reenactments, Vintage WWII Aircraft, and, the Museum's Aircraft collection. Too much to mention here.

Any of you DF'ers making the trek, post here, and, we could arrange to meet somewhere.

Regards, Peter J.

Hello Mr. Uncle Pete,

We wern't at the WW II Weekend. We were there for the Planes, Trains and Automobile weekend. The P,T,A weekend was really great but I understand the WW II weekend is even much better. Unfortunately we won't be able to make the WW II weekend since we will be in California in June.

Pete, sorry for the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_buggboy

I'll be there, with National Capitol Squadron of Commemorative Air Force's BT-13A and Stinson L-5. For pics of the airplanes, see www.nationalcapitolsquadron.com The BT is currently being painted, so she'll be blue fuselage, yellow wings. I will be short skinny fella with a mustache, flightsuit, and probly a black cowboy hat.

Regards

Jase