Bidding for parts on Ebay???

Pat Baysinger

Howdy,<BR>In the world of eBay auctions, the seller has the right to post the MINIMUM amount of money (bid) that he will accept. Sometimes NO ONE comes forward with a bid. I have, on occasion, sent an email to the seller after the auction closed offering them what I felt I wanted to pay for their item, asking them if they would accept my offer. About half the time they took me up on what I offered.<BR>The worst thing that can happen is that they say "No", and I think we've all heard that before.<BR>Good luck!! I've had a ball both buying and selling on eBay for nearly three years.<BR>Happy New Year,<BR>Bob Leets

Also when you place a bid on ebaY it is a proxy bid, which means the maximum amount you want bid on you behalf. If the minimum bid is $10 and there have been no bids, and you place a bid for $20, your bid will show up and be $10.00 (if the bid increments are currently at $1.00) and will remain at that price until someone else places a bid. If that next person places a bid of $15, you will still be winning the auction with a bid of $16.<P>This can also work the other way. If you bid on an item that already has a bid at $10 and you place a bid of $20, someone else may have placed a proxy bid of $50 and you would automatically outbid, and the current bid would be $21.<P>Hope you understand what I just typed 'cause I don't. wink.gif" border="0

63 electra, the lowest bidder does win. There is just a lowest acceptable bid,common in many forms of bidding. I have felt sorry for some people I have seen place no reserve or starting bid and have bid whole nice cars for 300-400.00, or parts for 1.00. There was one instance where I was proxyed for much more than my current high bid but didnt make reserve because no one else bid which would run the bid up.<P>As a rule I have bought parts for much less than they would sell for IF you could find them in a junk yard. The one big thing to always keep in mind is the shipping charges, these can sometimes greatly increase the cost of a part. Also a small few seem to like to make an additional couple of bucks on the shipping. So you want to pay 25.00 for part but the shipping is 8.50 you are really paying 33.50, then if you use a postal money order it is .90 more plus your stamp ,theres another 1.24 now your at 34.74.<P>All in all I spend way to much time on eBay.<P>Good luck

Ra Ra As a ebat sellar I like your comment. The socila part if great . I have meet so many wonderful people since I have started. I have over 2000 sales. great people in this hobby. my Id is pre16<BR>Come and visit Happy new year to all wink.gif" border="0