Jump to content

replacement wiring connectors


Recommended Posts

I'm looking for a source for OEM-style wiring connectors for a 64 Riv. I'm looking for a several different styles:<BR>- The tab-locking type used in GM cars for years. I'm particularly interested the one- and two-conductor (T) types, as well as individual contacts that I can crimp onto wires and insert into the plastic shells.<BR>- The end contacts for console light sockets (e.g. ashtray).<BR>- The umbrella-shaped contacts in tail light sockets.<P>I used to get some of these parts at NAPA, but nobody in California sells parts for anything more than 2 years old. Anybody know where I can buy these?<P>Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An AC-Delco jobber will sometimes carry factory type wiring plugs and terminals. One in Greensboro NC has come thru for my 60s Oldsmobiles and a friend's Pontiacs several times. It helps that this shop is attuned to old cars; both the owner and parts manager are old car freaks of the highest order. They had an AC-Delco rebuilt fuel pump for 1964 Olds on the shelf last month, at about a third of what the big-name old car supply houses wanted.<P>My sympathies on the CA situation. There are people in power there who won't be satisfied until every last old car is off the road and crushed. And not servicing simple parts is only the start...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...