WANTED: 1971-1972 Pontiac Grand Ville 4dr / 1971-1976 Pontiac Grand Safari wagon

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

I have posted the ad on the BUY/SELL site, but posting every where I can. In February, I am wanting to buy a 1971-1972 Pontiac Grand Ville 4dr (top of the line Pontiac for 71/72) or a 1971-1976 Pontiac Grand Safari wagon. Prefer under $2,000 and in good running, restorable condition. No rusty cars. The wagon must have woodgrain and 3-seat. Prefer southeast USA area. Any help locating appreciated. Thanks. Tony<P>1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop<BR>1989 Pontiac Safari 4-door 3-seat wagon<BR>1991 Honda Accord LX 4-door sedan

Guest Shaffer

Geno: The 1972 Pontiac Grand Ville is one of the top 5 of my favorite cars. They are very rare now, as oddly most left now are the convertibles. There was a 71 Grand Ville 4dr for sale this past summer for sale on traderonline. It only had 16,000 actual miles, was in BRAND NEW, MINT, MINT, condition, but they wanted $18,000 for it. I definetly had to pass on it. I know where there is a 4dr 72 Grand Ville about 25 miles from me, as I seen it when I went to look at a 72 4dr Pontiac Bonneville. The Bonneville was OK, but a not as good as I thought. The Grand Ville had sat for 15 years and too far gone. The vinyl top had completely faded away on the top and there was actually rust holes all in the top of the car. You could tell from the interior (what you could see from the junk piled in it) that it was parked while in very good condition. The 1/4s and fenders had rusted away. It was a shame to see it ruined. Actually, the interior on that Grand Ville looked fancier than some of the base 71-72 Buick Electras, and I thought the seats looked as nice as the seats in the 72 Electra Customs. About 15 years ago, my uncle bought a 1-owner 71 Grand Ville 4dr, with 60K actual, just for the 455 engine - junked the car. No big deal then. They was not as rare, but now, I would love to have that car. Was yours a 2-door or 4-door? Convertible? There is also a 72 Grand Ville 4dr on traderonline now, for $2,500, but it is in Michigan and I have to consider transport costs before paying that much. There was another posted there a while back for best offer. It was located in Colorado. Way too far for me to go. Maybe someday I will find one closer to home in GC. Also, soon, I would like to find a 59 Chevrolet Impala or a 59 Pontiac Bonneville. I found a very nice, cheap 71 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr I am considering, since I used to own a 71 Caprice. Too many old cars I like and not enough room or money. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>Tony<P>1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop sedan<BR>1989 Pontiac Safari 3-seat wagon<BR>1991 Honda Accord LX 4-door sedan<P>Also forgot to mention: My uncle also said that the Pontiac 455s was the strongest, while the Oldsmobile tends to be more reliable and the Buick was in the kind of in the middle.<p>[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

Tony,<P>The one we had was a 4 dr. it was all gray(Pewter I think it was called} one thing I didn't like was the interior fabric. It was gray and had a nice look and feel to it with a real fine weave. But when it got water on it, like when you open the door in the rain, it would water spot something terrible. I would have to wet the whole seat evenly and let it dry slowly for the spots to not be visible.<P>I pretty much agree with your uncle on the 455s

Guest Shaffer

I think that was the color of the one that I seen a few months ago that had sat for 15 years. The vinyl top (what was left of it) was black. <P>Tony<p>[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

• 2 weeks later...

IF YOU FIND A CAR AND HAPPEN TO NEED A PARTS CAR, I HAVE ONE. IT IS COMPLETE MINUS MOTOR AND TRANNY. THE CAR IS STRAIGHT WITH SOME RUST. THE CAR IS GREEN IN/OUT. IT IS LOCATED IN JEFFERSON CITY, MO. $150.00