Sign in to follow this  

What's your highest mileage Buick?

I only own 1 Buick right now ,when you own 1 as good as my 77 Limited is to me , you only need 1, so its the lowest mile , highest mile & best running Buick I own. It just turned over 75,000 miles.<P>Dan

hey there, all this sure is making me feel more secure.! thanks.<BR> my 65 wildcat 401 has 130,000 just replaced the timing chain which was LONG overdue.[someone on here warned me i was on borrowed time,THANKYOU.THANKYOU.THANKYOU.YOU SAVED $3000 & A BIG PAIN ]<P> my 69 electra 225 limited 430 /4 has 113,000 and a new tranny. it seems to be a great car.it has more options then i thought possible! my favorite of these is the "twilight sentinel".<BR> anyone got some hints on getting the power seats goin?<BR> anyway i cant recomend these 69's enough. shoulder harness seatbelts for 4.people drive like no others in atlanta!<BR> great brakes and stearing. see ya later.

My 1960 has 135,000 miles on it and, the untouched motor has 170 lbs of compression in every cylinder!<P>One of my members in the National Pike Chapter has a 1975 GMC 4WD pickup with 880,000 miles on it! He's turning it into GM when it hits 1,00,000!

My 66 Skylark 310 convertible has 117,000 miles on it. When I pulled the motor to do an engine compartment detailing, I also changed all pan gaskets and the motor was as clean as a whistle. It runs like brand new. The original 91 year old lady took real good care of this car. Not only is the motor untouched, but all the suspension is untouched. The whole car could pass for 17,000 miles.....

My 1970 GS Stage2 has 1530 miles on it. The front suspension has even less miles on it because it was in the air for a portion of those miles.<P> Any other low milers out there?<P> Pat Sweeney

2000 Park Ave. 120,000<BR>1965 Special 244,102<BR>1968 Skylark 2,405,778,(yes 2 million)<P>And all have original engines & tranny's<BR>Non burn oil (1 quart every 1800 miles)<BR>They are fine machines. My local Buick dealer can verify this. Truly "When Better Automobiles are Built, BUICK will build Them"<BR>Still True. Buick Motor Division, Flint MI. smile.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

2000 Park Ave. 120,000<BR>1965 Special 244,102<BR>1968 Skylark 2,405,778,(yes 2 million)<P>And all have original engines & tranny's<BR>Non burn oil (1 quart every 1800 miles)<BR>They are fine machines. My local Buick dealer can verify this. Truly "When Better Automobiles are Built, BUICK will build Them"<BR>Still True. Buick Motor Division, Flint MI. smile.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

my first buick, 1985 regal limited, black with t-tops, i bought the car when i was 16, im 22 now and i still have it. i got it for $1100, thanx to the prevous onwers cat that chewed threw the phone lines in his house and he didnt notice it for 3 weeks so he slashed the price on the car 2 times b4 i got ahold of him, he originaly wanted $2100 so i was pleased with the cat, anyway, i got it with 120,000 on it with the original motor, got to love the 231 6 banger i drove the car from FL to NY with that engine and trani and it never needed anything but new valve cover gaskets and an alt in almost 5 years. about 6 months ago i transplanted a 71 buick 455 into it, when i did this project the 231 had 378,932. i gave the engine and trani to a friend of mine and my fathers and he put it in a camaro for his 16 year old son to drive hes been driving it for about 5 months and i havent heard about any problems, i think that engine will go forever smile.gif" border="0

I bought my 1990 Buick Regal GranSport with the 3800 in it brand new with only 6.2 miles on it. Because of the type of work I do I am constantly driving back and forth from Michigan to Malibu California. To date I have only rebuilt the transmission <because my tranny cooler leaked antifreeze in my tranny fluid and baked it> I am getting ready to roll onto 460,000 miles.

Buickgirl2,<BR>How do you put 2 Million miles on a car ?<BR>That is a lot of driving.<p>[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Bill Stoneberg ]

Buickgirl,<P>The current world record for verified car milage is for a Volvo P1800 on Long Island, whic I believe is up to 1.8 million by now (It was just profiled on Car and Driver TV 2 weeks ago, the milage may be more since that aired.) If you can verify that milage you should send it in to the Guiness Book of World Records people. <P>I know Volvo has an economic arrangement for the Long Island owner when he gets there. You might be able to profitable steal some of his thunder for GM!

• Like 1

My second husband helped me buy a 1998 Buck Century in 2005, since that day, it was a daily driven car for the most part, aside from the 18 months it sat the hot sun, without being cranked for the most part. When my husbands sickness forced us to allow our truck to be repossessed, so we replaced the battery and some of the hoses and the car is still running, even 2 years after my husband has been passed away.  It has 225000 miles on it.  The window regulators were shot ages ago, the radiator recently had to be replaced, the electrical has a loop issue that was bypassed so that the battery cranks the car, the paint is peeled and worn off, the struts are terrible, but she gets me back and forth on the daily trips I need and on the long trips like today.. Over 300 miles round trip today and still going.  No slipping, Little loss of oil asnd it is coming from around the seals. No ac, compressor needs replacement.  Its rough looking but its still moving my tail where I need to go. 

• Like 1

Wow, Dug this out of the Archives LynnLovesCars. No Idea what milage is on my 1915. My 1982 Riv Ragtop has 123,763. My 1996 Buick Century Custom has 89,573. Had 37,000 on it when I bought it off of eBay for $1,800. I guess I got my money's worth. A few minor problems with it through the years but overall it had been, and still is, a good car. And I see this is your first post, Welcome aboard. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Love it when old threads such as this resurface, thanks Lynn! Hope you'll join us and maybe share more about your Buick in the Me and My Buick forum:)

My  '60 is the high mileage one; just changed the oil last week and it is a little short of 84,000 miles. I do about 1200 miles a year with it so around '30 I expect the odometer to roll over. It had 69,000 and change when I got it in '01.

Bernie

• Like 1

I'll bite.

I'm currently driving a 1989 LeSabre with 236k.  

Not sure how many miles are on the '56.  It says 10K so 110k is probably a safe bet... except for the broken spedo cable.  Let's call it 120k.

My grandfather used to mile cars up pretty bad.  I think his 1st '56 Buick was somewhere in the 200k range (that'll happen when you commute from Lansing to Flint) when he sold it to his brother Marv in '61.  The second '56 he bought in the mid-60s for my uncles to share.  I get the impression that the younger of the 2 uncles treated it a lot like Tank treated his...

Edited by SpecialEducation (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My brother drove a 1987 Skylark for years.   It had a 3.3l v6 and was the only car he couldn't kill.  He drove it like a maniac going as fast as he could to take off then stopping as quickly as possible at the last minute.  One time he pulled up in the driveway and had stopped so hard the left front brake pads caught on fire.  The car had over 250k when he drove it to Florida where it died a couple years later.  Not sure how many miles it eventually accrued.

I have my uncle's '71 LeSabre Custom sedan. He gave it to me in 2000 with 106,642 miles. It now has 112,700 on it, but she needs work in spite of a reasonably well cared for life. I drive it around town occasionally, but don't take it far from home. It was purchased new in October 1971 from Lindemann Buick in Westfield, NJ by some good friends of my uncles, so I have known it since it was new. When they bought a new Century in 1979, my uncle bought it from them for $600. It had 40,000 miles on it then. Unfortunately, it was used in winter salt, so it has had some body work / filler through the years. I need to have the heads and manifolds planed, the tranny is weak (no reverse until the car has warmed up), water leaks in the trunk around the base of the rear window so there is some rust through in the trunk, there is a vibration in the driveline over 50 mph (which started after I had the U joints replaced) and the sending unit for the gas gauge doesn't work - have had the gauge tested and it is ok. 

146K on my 78 Estate wagon.  Picked it up in 2008 with around 99K. I did put some work into it, probably more than I should , but it still runs exceptionally well.  Too bad the rust worm is consuming it faster than I am. Next up is the 56 with 139K.  Fun, fun, fun!!!

Over 237,000 miles on my 1991 Roadmaster Wagon.  I bought it in 2008 just before the Flint National event with 103,000 on it.  I have driven it to all of the BCA Nationals through 2012.  It's been through a few Texas hail storms but drives very well for its age and mileage.

Only 89K on my '67 Riviera -- still an infant by comparison!

My 1999 Buick Century has 323,000 miles with the original engine and transmission. However, the paint is terrible and the clear coat is halfway off.  It is my work car.  It still runs good, but it has had several gaskets replaced through the years. I have driven it to Santa Monica Beach, California, Key West, Florida, Michigan, and through the Rocky Mountains from Denver to Utah down to Las Vegas.